Chapter 7

it was the weekend and I couldn't help but have Camila on my mind. I wanted to prove my family wrong. I could be a warmhearted person and I will.

i was on Twitter right now and my finger dangerously hovered over the follow button. she already followed me so all I needed to do was press this button...

but then she's gonna want to talk to me, and automatically think we're best friends or something. I sigh and close my eyes, if she does, I'll just be rudely blunt to her like I always am.

clicking on the button, I slap my hand across my mouth. I actually did it.... I was already on my first step to being a good person.

next thing you know, I hear a ding and throw my head back in annoyance expecting to see Camila's name across my phone. Instead, it's Dinah who had texted me.

Dinah: so you and Cam are on good terms now? 😉

me: fuck that... I'm just trying to be a good person lmao

Dinah: whatever you say, hunnnn.

when I heard the familiar annoying voice, I already knew Camila was at our house with Anthony. I debated on going out and telling her that I follower her since she probably didn't notice.

nahhh, that's too much friendly for a day. I smirk at my thoughts and shut my laptop, hopping off my bed.

I knew they were at the kitchen and I should've stayed away but I obnoxiously plan to go there purposely to bother them.

as I step into the kitchen, Anthony stares at me as I sit on the counter and stare at them. Camila was looking at me, amused, "hi lauren! thank you for the follow."

Anthony smirks and raises an eyebrow. he leans back against the table, in a smug manner. "sorry? did you say... she followed you?" Camila naively smiles and nods in elation.

my brother and I connect eyes, me winking at him. "Camila, if you ever want to hang out and leave my bore of a brother, come visit me upstairs."

i run to my room as my brother starts to throw the chips that they were eating at me. before I shut the door I hear her exclaim almost as if she desperately hopes I hear her, "okay I will!"

I prayed that she understood that it was a joke and for her not to come into my room.

looking at the time, I see that it's already midnight and I know now that she's gonna sleep over with my brother making me mentally gag at what my mind starts to picture.

it was five A.M when I felt someone shake me harshly. I wake up, always being grumpy when someone wakes me up in the middle of the night. "the fuck." i sigh in anger while rubbing my eyes.

instead of seeing fart face, I see someone else.

it was the duck and she had tears in her eyes. my drowsiness suddenly leaves as I hastily scoot over so she could lay next to me. "what happened?! did that bit-" she stops me by laying down behind me and big spooning me.

"um Camila..." i was about to get out of bed but she restrained me. for a skinny girl, she was strong. I didn't want to fight her just because I was tired but if I wasn't, I would've gotten the fuck out of there. "don't ruin the moment Lauren... I just want to be here."

it was silent in the dark room, only the moon to give illuminate through the window. "why are you crying?" she doesn't respond, which makes me move away from how close we were.

"I just... wanted your attention." pressing my lips together, I wasn't sure whether to feel pissed or flattered.

I'll just deal with this in the morning.

"goodnight Lo. sweet dreams."

I don't respond, falling into a blissful sleep.