Chapter 5

It's the next day and Lauren considered whether she should come to hell or not, she thought she decided wrong.

she's sitting down on the curb of the sidewalk, being the first one at the stop, she feels dreadful today. and surprisingly it's not because Camila is going on the bus.

she sees on the corner of her eye, the annoying person around the block. Camila. when lauren fully turns towards her, she scrunches her face at Camila's enthusiastic wave.

"ew" lauren whispers to herself. Camila instead of sitting down next to Lauren, she finds herself sitting down on the grass, far away a bit from Lauren.

After a few minutes of Lauren having no care at all about this, meanwhile Camila has a whole load of scenarios of Lauren being mad at her, people start to come to the bus stop.

including THEIR friends or as Lauren thought HER friends.

the bus came around and Camila excitedly walked inside making the bus driver eye her, and Camila blushes saying "sorry!" in a high pitched tone.

we all sit in our own arranged seats and ally is hugging her backpack, as if to hide something.

"I've got flaming hots but don't tell Dee, please!" she giggles mischievously and I nod knowing Dinah loves flaming cheetos.

when Dinah comes inside the bus, usually being the last one in, she's smiling, looking as beautiful as away, even in the morning.

I smirk to myself at my thoughts. I am one special gal.

Camila is giggling and sitting infront of my seat, away from the other girls. "yeah ally deeefinitely doesn't have food in her backpack. mhm!" she drags out the words making it seem completely obvious. she sounds like a pedophile telling a kid that his lollipop is gonna be reaalllyy good.

I narrow my eyes at her, "bruh..." Dinah looks at ally who has an enthusiastic shocked look on her face. Dinah dives next to ally's seat and they both fight for their backpacks.

"oh nooooo! Normani is alone!" Camila makes sure the driver doesn't see her before hoping to Normani's seat.

I roll my eyes as they both giggle at nothing and I turn to look out the window, being able to see the sun barely rise.

^

During lunch, Lauren grabs her plate, usually stuff she doesn't eat but gives it to ally. Walking past all the rows of groups, she passes by the athletics and sees Anthony next to Camila.

Anthony and I connect eyes and we both in sync scrunch our faces. It's a family thing. "fucking loser!" Anthony screams loud enough for everyone to hear and everyone "ooh's" making me roll my eyes.

"please do us a favor and kill yourself, fucking mistake." people immediately start to jump and push Anthony, everyone around the table heard and Anthony glares at me. the "ooh" never dying down when I leave.

sitting down next to normani, she has a huge smile, "guess what my butt learned!" I raise my eyebrow and she grabs my shoulders,"they can move like a lot..." she whispers the last part.

"maybe you can show me sometime." I wiggle my eyes making her push me slightly and giggle. I pass my plate to ally who is ecstatic about it.

when we're all laughing and finally being the same way we always were, Camila comes with five bananas. she places one each for us and one for her "one for you, one for you, one for you, and oneeee for you." she places one infront of me and I stare at the yellow thing.

"I don't like bananas...." I push mine away from me and shake my head. "too sweet and slimy." she frowns grabbing it and not speaking to me.

"it's too show how much I appreciate you guys for talking to me on the bus and starting to be my best friends!" she smiles at us with her hyperactive tone.

"best friends?" i mutter to myself but normani next to me squeezes my shoulder to stop. Camila looks at me for the first time I don't see desperation or neediness. I just see a wounded stare.

"but clearly you don't want that." she sighs making all my friends coo and hug her. I narrow my eyes at Camila's words.

"yeah because all you do is play the victim card! you can't own that whatever happens to you happens and you can't do shit about it!" I slam my hands on the table going eye to eye with her.

Lauren feels fury and Camila feels hurt and vulnerable. "stop being so mean to me Lo! I never did anything to you so just stop being such a- such a-"

my teeth grit and there's people looking at us from the distance, "a what Camila, huh? say it! say the "bad word"" from the corner of my eye I see the girls watching in surprised expression.

a security comes and moves me away from Camila, camila clearly looking like the victim. that's all she does. fucking pussy.

"what's going on here?" he's asking Camila more than asking both of us and Camila shakes her head, "no.... it's nothing. sorry.." his walkie-talkie buzzes with other people on the line.

my eyes are locked to the ground and I have my arms crossed trying to contain my anger. he pats camila and looks at me with a non sympathetic look. "stay out of trouble both of you there's no fighting under my watch."

he leaves and Camila, the other girls, and me just stay in place, not knowing exactly what to say. it's quiet until I grab my bag and quickly walk to a place where it's away from the groups view. I hear a distant call for my name but I ignore it and keep walking.

walking past the people their muttering stuff clearly about me being a bitch but if that means telling the truth then I'm gonna own that shit. or try to.

i hear music as I look at everyone eating, using electronics, studying, or just simply there by themselves. when my eyes skim to my group, I see them all hugging Camila as if she was honestly hurt by my words.

I roll my eyes, I'm being replaced by a coward. guess Camila is gonna finish the project....

^

after school Lauren is walking by herself to the bus this time, the wind blows wind against her as she paces to not miss her bus route.

the rest of the school day after lunch Lauren felt herself start to feel bad for being so blunt and rude towards Camila and it makes her disgusted.

Lauren was asking herself whether to do it or not and she wasn't sure she made the right choice to go apologize. After all, she doesn't want normani, ally, and Dinah mad at her.

when she gets in the bus, she sees ally and Normani at the very front sitting next to eachother while Dinah is in the back of them.

Dinah avoids my eye clearly telling me not to sit with her. I sigh and brush my hair back exhaustedly. at the middle of the bus, I see Camila with the sun to her face.

Do I really want to do this? apologize to her? my lips twitch before I sit down next to her with a sigh, preparing my speech.