47 | Transpired

○○○

"In the long run, we truly survive through tying the knots, sealing closure, graduating from phases, making connections. The idea of closing the loops lives in all our decisions, silent and unyielding. So let's dream and envision so much that our dreams will surround and embrace us with a reality that's best for us."

○○○

Park Jimin

Rolling my eyes, I huff at how pointless our chat comes to be. But I guess pointless is my thing. The boys and I've been keeping our group chat active since we woke up, Namjoon seems to want us all to actually study today. And it's Friday.

Monie Hyung: we skipped school today for a reason! You do something and be responsible, because at one point of someday what you did will be exactly what you will be.
Right?

Hobie Hyung: can you chill?

Taetae: no, left.

Jin Hyung: are you serious, Taehyung?

Jin Hyung?
What did you have for breakfast?

Jin Hyung: I'm on a seafood diet so...

Suga Hyung: how does that go?

Jin Hyung: Simple, I see food and eat it
Get it? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Suga Hyung: 😒😒😒

I shake my head, not satisfied with the fact that I'm laughing at Jin's dad joke and check the time to see it a couple of hours short of noon. RyungNa must be awake, she's been too busy these days. Since the incident and I feel something off, she's more careful and busy.

She looks over her shoulder as if checking for someone and shares looks with Yoonbi, looks that speak a language only they understand. My finger swipes mindlessly as I call her to check how she's doing.

I miss her already, I only got to walk her home yesterday and we didn't get to really talk since. RyungNa picks up and I smile happily; however, before I can say anything, the shuffling from her side stops me.

"I need some more info Yoonbi yah, since you finally woke up... I want you to dig deeper into the very recent cases of wronged teenagers. All of whom live in the capital and are subjects of the main system."

She talks calmly as the sound of typing fills her background, and I frown in confusion. If I say I understood half of what she said, I would still be lying. "What are you talking about?"

Her side falls deadly silent, and more shuffling radiates to me as if she moved the phone away from her ear. Then I hear an earthmoving gasp, "big shít!" RyungNa hangs up on me.

What just happened?

I call again, having no clue about the cause of her big shock. "Hello? RyungNa, what's wrong?"

"Um, Jimin." Her nervous voice puzzles me even more. "I'm sorry, I thought Yoonbi was the one calling, I didn't check the contact before I picked up. Nevermind."