Truth Telling and Trouble

Hey Guys! It's Kiaser with a formal apology to Vierling. I'm sorry I told you I would put it up yesterday and actually didn't. I got distracted by other things like mandatory family bonding. So I put some bonding in this chapter for you to enjoy! 

By the way when Vierling writes rainbows are formed and unicorns are born so...

(new character in sidebar)

 I can tell that Rosie is struggling with all the work, boys, and crazy email threats so I hurry her to the car and begin the drive to the best place in the world, Mary’s Diner. You see, Mary’s Diner is an old fashioned place that specializes in delicious burgers, including veggie burgers for those who do not consume the meat thing. I don’t know if Rosie is a vegetarian or just really like vegetables but I’m just too awkward to ask and stuff so...

We pull into the parking lot and get out of our car, Rosie beaming like a child with all of the stress that was piling up inside her evaporating instantly. We enter and sit on one of the cushiony booths and the new waitress comes to serve us, which is a bad thing because she is petty and boy-crazy, and she goes away pretty quickly because we both get water. Rosie rests her elbows on the table, “Do you remember when we first found this place?” She lets out a chuckle, “I had begged you to let me drive in Boston for the first time and I ended up getting so lost.”

I give her an amused smirk, “And both of our phones were dead so we came into this place trying to get directions home. Then you tried to talk me into letting you drive us back and I ended up caving and you got us even more lost because you wouldn’t listen to my directions. You kept saying, ‘I am just creating my own path’ or ‘this is a shortcut’.”

She sticks her tongue out at me, “You were the one screaming at me the whole way there and the whole way back. If I remember correctly you screamed so loud that you ended up losing your voice.”

“I only screamed so loud because this was the first time you drove outside of a small town. I was terrified because unlike back home, the people in Boston don’t know to just pull over on the side of the road until you pass. Also I think we had five near death experiences in that fifteen minutes we spent with you behind the wheel.”

“So Rosie is a bad driver and Violet is the good one… I did not see that coming. I thought that it would be Rosie I would drunkenly call when I needed a ride home from the bar, but I guess I’ll just go with Violet.” I turn to see Leo standing there and behind him James and another really attractive guy who I’ve seen around here. He is taller than either of the other boys at a comfortable 6’4 with messy brown hair and dark brown eyes. He was always dressed like a business man and today is no exception, except for the fact that he had shrugged off his jacket and rolled up the sleeves of his shirt to his elbows.

“Well then I am really glad I didn’t give you my number. I hate picking up drunk people because then they try to do things like talk about feelings. I’m not a person who talks about her feelings.”

I can practically hear an evil laugh coming out of Rosie after I say this and I just know that she is either going to embarrass me or mock me, “Yeah, she’s telling the truth. Ever since that one time she just closed everyone out. I can understand why though I mean it was a horrible betrayal and it was someone she trusted so much.” She pats me on the shoulder and puts her finger to my mouth in the shushing position, cutting off my attempt to stop her, “Her mother abandoned her at the soccer field.”

The stranger turned towards me with a quizzical look on his face, “That isn’t that bad. One time my dad forgot to pick me up from the airport in Berlin and I don’t speak a word of German.”