What He Has To Say

Ryans pov: 

I walk into the court room. Brendons reaction is exactly what I thought it would be. I deserve it. I was a terrible boyfriend and I took my anger out on him. I'm not saying I want to get back with him, I just want him to know how sorry I am. Knowing things that might help his statement might be the best I can do to help him.

When I get to the stand Gerard asks me how I know Brendon wouldn't hire someone to kill himself. "Brendon would never purposely try to kill himself," I say looking at Brendon, "I mean look how happy he is with Dallon. I dated Brendon for five years and I know he wouldn't dare to hurt the person he loves like that. He wouldn't do that to his fans either."

"Then why did he try to kill himself the first time?" Gerard asks. "H-He didn't try to kill himself. He was trying to stop a pain by taking pills, even though pills can't stop the kind of pain he was in," I say. Brendon looks sad I feel terrible. I never wanted Brendon to be scared of me. "What kind of pain was he in?" Gerard asks.

"He was going through heart break, and fear that the person who broke his heart would hurt him again," I answer. "What do you mean 'The person who broke his heart would heart him again'?"  He asks. I know what he's trying to get me to say. "I was physically abusive to Brendon while we were dating. A couple days before I left the band I beat Brendon till he was unconscious," I say, "It was the biggest mistake I ever made in my life. I knew I had to leave the band after that. That is the pain he was trying to stop."

I try to blink away my tears. I know I shouldn't be crying because Brendon was the victim but I still feel like this is all my fault. "Thank you for your honesty," Gerard says, "Now you said you also have proof that Tyler was planning on killing Brendon and Dallon?" "Yes," I say. "What is your proof?" He asks.

I hand him my phone and say, "The day Brendon and Dallon were rescued I received a call from Tyler asking if he could buy some of my land because he had to bodies he needed to bury." "How did you know he was talking about Brendon and Dallon?" He asks. "I knew he was talking about them, because when he came to buy my land we had sex and I got him to tell me who it was.

When he left I called the police right away and told them where to find him." I look over at Brendon. He is holding onto Dallons arm tightly. He looks shocked at what I just said. Gerard tells me I can go back to my seat. All I can do now is blame myself for everything I did to Brendon and pray that what I said helps to get these guys sent to prison for life.