Praying for Las Vegas

*This title fits this chapter but it's also for all of those people who lost their lives or got injured in the shooting in Las Vegas last night. I hope everyone is safe and healing. and if you ever start having suicidal thoughts or if you have them now please call this number... 1-800-273-8255 . that is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline*

Patrick's POV: 

After the phone call ends I stop my car and turn back around towards Pete's house. This is what I was afraid of. I when I pull into Pete's drive way I hop out of my car and walk up to pete. Pete's standing on his porch. His arms are crossed over his chest and he's shaking. "Are you okay?" I ask. "H-He heard us arguing so h-he ran away. H-He th-thought that he was causing me trouble," Pete says, covering his face with his hands.

"It's okay we'll find him. Where do you think he went?" I ask. "I-I-I don't know. I kn-kn-know he wouldn't go anyw-where that reminds him of D-Dallon," Pete stutters. "Well maybe if he doesn't want to go anywhere that reminds him of Dall then maybe he went somewhere that reminds him of you," I suggest. Pete stares off into a couple seconds before saying, "Ceasers Palace. Ceasers Palace in Las Vegas. Get in the car!" 

I climb back into the car. Pete is bouncing his leg up and down. I've never seen him this anxious in my life. "Why would he be at Ceasers Palace?" I ask. "Because," he pauses, "That was the first time we had sex." "What? When was that?" I ask. "In 2006 a couple hours after Brendon won his first VMA for video of the year," Pete admits, staring down at his lap, "It was during the after party. I was still with Ashlee and Brendon was still with Ryan so we snuck off to the roof. OH MY GOD! He's going to jump!" 

Pete pulls his phone out of his pocket and dials 9-1-1. I watch as he cries and tells the 911 opperator that he thinks his friend is going to jump off the roof of Ceasers Palace. This hurts me more then Pete might think. Brendon was also a good friend of mine. If what I told Pete today pushed Brendon over the edge then I will never be able to forgive myself.

"I told Brendon it was a mistake. We couldn't tell anybody what had happened that night. So we moved on. Brendon came to my house the night Ryan beat him unconsious. I told him that he should leave Ryan. Me and Brendon kissed but I pushed him away because I was with Meagan. He became really depressed but then he met Dallon.

Me and Meagan split up around the time Brendon and Dallon got married. I told myself that we weren't right for eachother but the truth is that I was jealous of Dallon. I felt terrible when he died," Pete starts crying again, "I just sat there and watched the only guy that could make Brendon happy lose his life. It wasn't until last night that I realized that I could also make Brendon happy.

I love him Patrick. I pushed him away for so many years. Now I think he's finally been pushed over the edge. I couldn't save him." "Don't say that. you don't know if he's dead or not," I say. We just reached the Las Vegas strip. Once we get to Ceasers Palace we see five cop cars and an ambulence. Brendon is sitting in the ambulence. Pete runs out of the car towards Brendon. I follow shortly behind him. 

"I tried to do it. I really tried. I wanted to be in Dallons arms again but I couldn't stop thinking about you. I think I'm in love with you," Brendon tells Pete. "I think I'm in love with you too," Pete says, smiling through his tears. "I'm so sorry about what I said. You are one of my best friends. You aren't causing me or Petey over here any trouble," I appologize to Brendon, "Just never run off like that again you scared us half to death."

The ambulence takes Brendon in for a quick psych evaluation before releasing him back to me and Pete. They sleep in the back seat together. I do still worry about Brendon breaking Petes heart one of these days. Until that day comes I will just look out for Pete. The reason me and Pete didn't work out wasn't because I didn't want to be more than friends with benefits. It was because I cared about him so much that I'd rather have him as my best friend rather than risk breaking his heart and losing him forever.

Pete has been through so much and I could never add more to that. I just pray that Brendon doesn't break his heart but fix it.