11

Updates are going to be a little slower due to me having volleyball every single day and school coming up soon. I'm really sorry, but I'll try to make room for at least one update a week! Also my laptop is disabled again so this is being typed on my phone. I really hate this. -_- Sorry for any mistakes! Editing on phone is such a pain, ugh! But anyway! Enjoy your quality time with Aomine!

I had been staring at the backs of those I looked up to for as long as I can remember. Whether it was in my own home, as I watched my mom pace around, or watching my dad leave after he had just popped by- or even in the hospital as I tried to make out the urgent, hushed tones of the medical staff and my parents. Every time I liked something, it would be too far out of reach from me, or it would be taken away. I've always been practically helpIess. But here I was, puting up my best attempt at a tough façade, and for the most part, succeeding.

I've distanced myself from everyone, and became an observer. I locked myself in my room, and focused souly on studying. When I had any leisure time it was filled with stupid little doodles and recollections of my past; although few played out the future I longed for, or the life I could have lived. I resented those who didn't work for what they have, or had other people do things for them.

I scraped by every day, being fragile, barely alive, telling myself, "It'll all work out, Y/n! You'll be happy one day," and for a moment I believe that inner part of myself.

Things seemed infinetely worse when my dad died, and my mom fell head first into a deep state of depression. I somehow managed to get her back on her feet, even when I was barely standing, myself. Unfortunately whatever my dad got into put us in a trench of debt, and we haven't been able to live our lives comfortably. My sickness contined to grow stronger, along with my fears.

Then, a new medicine was developed for the rare case of whatever I had. It was the most awful thing I could have done for myself. It put my brain on auto-pilot and made me someone who I'm not, and got me involved in things I would regret when I was sober.

It isn't what you're thinking of.

I'm not a bad person. I'm not some alcoholic, or druggie, or prostitute or anything of the sort.

I would always find myself tied up in other people's problems, and would help them before I had a chance to help myself. It started to kill me from the inside out, and my emotions would go haywire. I stopped taking the pills when I found my only sanctuary.

Volleyball!

Volleyball was the only thing that I could do right that helped me be a better person. I founded my own volleyball club at my highschool, Touou Academy. I worked my ass off to be able to afford to play, and when I did play... I started communicating with people, acting normally, and maybe being... Happy? Excited? Joyous, even. I smiled more, and people were drawn to me like a magnet. I started getting confessions and letters. They deserve so much better than me. They deserve a better life without me. Please forget me.

Here we are. In our new town, new house, fairly new school, and a new team. New people, and new challenges.

God has tested me in many ways over the course of my life so far, but I had never experienced anyone or anything like Aomine Daiki.

I felt my face flush, and set my head on the edge of the counter in front of me, letting out a few sickening giggles every once in a while. I lifted my head and gave a giant grin at Aomine as he stared at the crazy lady. Me.

"Hi, Ao-kun! How are you?" I had asked, grabbing on to the front of his jacket, still looking directly into his eyes. "What happened to you, L/n?" he said, taking my hands off of his jacket. I laughed and latched my hands back onto his jacktlet, aiming my hands a bit higher this time, grabbing his collar, where the zipper was slightly undone at the top.