I Won--Good God

Let's just take a sec^^Ummm, Daveed is actually me. 🐢

  Alexander woke up to the deafening screech of his alarm clock in a cold sweat. It is Friday, and Washington decided to build colossal tension, straining Alex's overstretched brain. His head was pounding and his palms slick with sweat.

He observed the sky from his bedroom window and saw the clouds blanketing the perpetual sky, reflecting on his own gloomy state of mind. Alex rubbed his eyes indolently.

Trudging as if he was zombified, he got dressed without attentiveness. His apprehensiveness was eating at him, preventing him from his normal chipper attitude.

  Expeditiously, he fetched his things and headed out to what seemed was consuming his life, G.Wash. Alexander could almost hear his steps, but he knew for a fact he could hear his heart thrumming, every beat becoming more askew. Hamilton could almost feel the beats ascending and clawing up his throat.  He took it into consideration that this could be his final walk to G.Wash. Or the final days before his affair is released in a public newsletter. The public has their eyes on him, and he's well aware. Due to his brisk rise to the top, he was known to them as the man who's non-stop.

  Alexander absorbed this particular walk. Remembering the blabbering of the cars, the high-pitched squeak of brakes. What am I going to do if I get fired? He asked himself. Alex had no back up plan, no fallback. This had been his job his entire life and now he wasn't sure if he'd be there another sunrise.

He detected the dry feeling in his mouth, so dry it felt like the Sahara Desert. Alex sighed, going into a Starbucks nearby to get a tea.

His thoughts had nearly been eating away at him for an hour before he realized enough was enough. I am going to go in there like the confident f*cking b*stard I am and show Jefferson who he's messing with. Alexander thought with newfound pride and determination.

He opened the door with a magnificent gaze, his confidence verifiable. The room almost skidded to a halt, everything moving in slow movements as Hamilton heard the click of his shoes on the tile floor. He held his head high and pressed the elevator button, minding his own business.

He trooped to his cubicle, catching Laurens tense glance for a millisecond. John ascended to Hamilton's desk, seeing him already typing ferociously. "Why do you write like your running out of time?" Laurens asked eloquently. "Because, John--I might be." He said referring to his possibly limited time.

"Son-" George muttered not giving anything away yet, and waving him over. "Yeah Mr, Washington?" Alexander sputtered out as if he forgot how to speak english. "Come to my office." He said motioning again. Alex gave John one last look, John mouthing You got this! Along with a thumbs up. But Alex wasn't sure if he wanted to "get this." What if out of anger Jefferson releases his alleged affair to the public? Hamilton will be ruined, his career would lead into a downward spiral of embarrassment.

But most ignominious, would be facing Eliza. He basically blind sighted her from the truth. And it hurt Alexander thinking about her reaction, then it made him feel selfish for feeling hurt, as this was all self-inflicted.

As he treaded lightly into George's office, he caught view of elite Thomas Jefferson, glaring down below at the engaged city on this somber day.

George sat down calmly, straightening the papers on his desk and looking up. "I would like to congratulate each of you initially, as you each set an appreciable standard for this plan. Each was set out with such articulateness that it made for a difficult decision." George paused.

Hamilton shifted uncomfortably in his chair and awaited for Washington to continue.

"Jefferson," Washington announced. "Your work was undeniable. You set a high standard with a high-class plan, hiring state of the art workers to help us with this, and your organization and execution was stellar. (A/N - I feel like I'm writing a moment from the show 'Chopped.')

"Hamilton-" George breathed. "Your work was non-stop. The plan was executed with fine-tuned organization and control. I could tell you spent sleepless nights on this. Your plan is going to be used.

I've won--Good God; was the only dreading thought in his mind as Jefferson stood glaring at him, his mouth slight agape.

Heyyyy hammies. How 'ya been?? OMG OMG OMG LIN RELEASED THE HAMILTON APP AND IM SO EXCITED. AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR HAM 4 HAM LIVE IN LA. SOSNDFOKEKWLXND I CANT BREATHE. Anyways, **breathes deeply** Hamilton won?? Oh hellllllll no! AND OMFG 300 READS?! I LOVE YOU ALL FOR READING THIS CRAP. -Xoxo OhSoBasic