Chapter 10 - Part 3

America's POV

My maids wake me up early the next morning for the wedding. I sigh and drag myself out of bed and towards my bathroom. They pull out an amazing two piece black dress with a slit that goes almost all the way up my leg.

"You've out done yourselves ladies. I love it" I gush and they rush me into it. Once it's on they sit me facing away from the mirror and do my hair and make-up. Once my hair and make-up are done they turn me around and show me they're work. My hair has two braids going on each side and the rest is in elegant curls and a diamond hair clip rest above the two inter crossing braids, my make-up almost gives me a heart attack, my eye shadow is at least 8 different colors and my eyeliner curls up into a perfect cat eye and my lips look blood red. I gasp and my maids rush me out the door and I walk down to were the ceremony is being held. When I appear in the door way many people gasp in shock, Kriss glares, Maxon grins. I realize I'm late for a reason and I feel like i know the plan already as Maxon motions for me to meet him at the podium. I begin walking to Maxon and earn myself a ton of confused stares, I brush it off and grab Maxon's hand. He squeezes my hand and begins his practiced speech.

"Kriss Ambers" her eyes snap from mine to Maxon's. "You are a rebel, southern of either, meaning you lied during your selection, just recently you harmed a daughter of Illea, you tried destroying you kingdom and attempted to kill your king. By this we have decided to be kind and release you after questioning and we will promote you down to a eight, you are a disgrace to the kingdom of Illea and the citizens in it you have killed innocent people in attempt for one person you are a terrorist and a liar and a coward Kriss Ambers" by the end of Maxon's speech many are well, speechless. "You are forbidden from entering palace grounds for eternity. Goodbye" he finishes and several guards haul a stunned Kriss into the palace. I stare as they drag her down the hallway and she glares at me the whole time. I fear what will happen after they release her. I forgot about Maxon and everyone until Maxon gets down on one knee and starts talking. 

"America Singer I realized I made the worst mistake of my life when I proposed to Kriss 3 months ago, I realize that I don't and will never deserve someone as smart and beautiful and as talented as you are. America I know you see a king here but let me be clear this isn't a command this is a request, a plea. I beg you, make me the happiest man alive. Please do me the honor of becoming my wife." I'm in tears and I wipes them away when I see his goofy smile. 

"Yes" I say and he picks me up and spins me around, kissing me. He sets me down still kissing me and I hear everyone 'aww' as we pull apart. He offers me his hand and we head inside with the biggest smiles on the planet.