Prologue - 'Hi Althea'

Althea

I stand there like an idiot in dark shades and Nirvana shirt, looking at the group of girls going my direction.

There's 4 of them but my eye's lock to the one in the right, the same side of the corridor that I'm standing, the one with the sweetest smile and most expressive eye's ever, I could lose myself in those eye's. They were laughing and giggling while walking pass the corridor, they were like supermodels on the catwalk. Guys can't help but admire and girls can't help but envy.

I stand in anticipation as they approach my direction. With just 2 meters away, I could already smell her scent, the fragrance that never fails to put a smile in my face. I look intently at her as they would pass by any seconds now, she's still busy gossiping with her friends. With just an arm length away from each other, she gazes my way and again I was hammered cold to where I was standing.

My day is as perfect as it gets, she smiles, and I'm lost again in her charm.
Jade Tanchingco. The girl who unknowingly struck my heart the first time I saw her. The reason behind my sleepless nights. The girl of my dreams, my Juliet, my rose, my wildest dream.

After that split-second smile, she looks forward and just before she could pass by, that moment when the tip of my sleeve touches her perfectly pressed navy-blue blouse, she did something that would send wildfire to my already burning admiration.

She said,

"Hi Althea"

It sounds like a whisper, a whisper that will haunt me for the rest of my life.