Filler

Dante's POV.

They continued there walk to the car. She suddenly picks him up. He laughs and kisses her on the cheek.

I continue to stare. They reach the car and she puts him in the backseat booster seat. She buckles him in.

She sits in the passenger seat. After she's done buckling in, I start the car back up.

"W-Who i-is you?" The little boy in the back asks.

I look in the rear view and see him looking at me the same way I'm looking at him.

Through the rear view mirror.

"My name's Date King. What's yours little man?" I ask. From the corner of my eye, I see looking at her hands smiling.

"M-Matt-thew. But y-you can c-call me M-Matt." He says, his face scrunched as he speaks trying to get the words out.

"Nice to meet you Matt." He smiles up at me.

"Y-You too." Is he scared? Is that why he stutters? But if it is, then why is he smiling but still stuttering? I'll ask Tru later.

As we drive, I get the want to place my hand on Trus' thigh. Weird? I think not.

I reach over and place my hand on her upper thigh. She immediately tenses. I don't even think she's breathing.

She grabs my hand gently before moving is down above her knee.

I shoot her a happy glance. She didn't remove our hand. That's good. That's progress.

5 minutes later and we stop in front of her house. We get out and I help get the little man out.

I unbuckle him and he hops out. He looks up at me and smiles. "Thank you."

"No problem."

He walk over to Tru And I follow. She has Britt in her arms. I walk ahead and open the door.

She walks in and smiles giving me a small thank you. She puts Britt on the couch. Matt goes to the kitchen and gets an apple.

"I'll be back. Be good, yea?" Tru says. Matt nods, eating his apple on the floor next to the baby.

"Outside?" She says to me. Nodding, I follow her.

I shut the door behind me. "Thank you, for your help." She says. I nod, walking to her.

"Of course." My chest presses up against her crossed arms. "What about the little boy?"

"What? Oh! His stuttering?" I nod. "He has seizures and during some of those, he hit his head. So he has brain damage and can't speak properly." Furrowing her brows.

"Oh. I'm sorry." Grabbing her arm, rubbing circles with my thumb.

"You didn't make him have seizures, do you?" I shake my head. She shrugs my arms off.

"Look, about earlier," she shakes her head, pressing her hand to her head. "That was incredibly stupid of me. I shouldn't of let things get as far as they did. I'm sorry, I real-"

"Stop." I growl out. "What happened was not only a team effort, but also, amazing. So just hush." Grabbing her chin, making her look at me.

"It was wrong though. And I shouldn't-"

"Would you stop?! What I said, was all true. So what we did, wasn't wrong, not even slightly." I laugh, "You're making it sound like we actually did something bad." I wink at her. She throws her head back and laughs.

"I've gotta get going. Text me before and after work, ok?" Biting her lip, she nods. With my hand behind her head, I bring my lips to her forehead.