5. Fun, Happy Reunions

Crystal, along with her younger brother Silver, are in the courtyard of their castle. They are preparing for their journey to Kanto. Their father and mother watch over them from the door.

"Silver, do you have-"

"Extra blankets? Yes. I also have spare Pokéballs in case we decide to go Pokémon hunting."

Crystal stares at Silver.

"Hey, we don't go to Kanto often. Might as well try to take advantage of it," Silver says, shrugging.

"That sounds like your ideal date," Crystal comments, as she loads their cart.

"No it's not. It's yours."

Crystal grins.

"You're not wrong there."

"I heard Sapphire isn't what you call a regular princess so maybe she'll like to go Pokémon hunting with me."

Crystal smiles.

Even though Silver isn't the social type, he seems to be very optimistic.

"What's your ideal date Crystal, besides Pokémon hunting?"

"No idea. Never thought about it because I never needed to," Crystal answers, as she enter the Rapidash drawn cart. Silver enters as well, as Stuart takes the reins. Four other guards mounting Pontyas stand next to them, ready to go.

"Take care! We'll catch up with you darlings after we finish some paperwork," their mother yells as they ride out of the gates.

"Crystal, do you remember how Red, Green, and Blue are?"

Crystal sits there, thinking.

"I remember Red had such sweet, gentle looking eyes. Blue was a brat, and Green was always running around."

"Hmm," Silver says, sitting back against his seat.

"What is it?" Crystal asks.

"Nothing," Silver says, as his flicks his red hair to cover his face, and closes his eyes.

Crystal sighs, and looks out the window.

"Red, you better not be an asshole, or I'm going to banish you the first chance I get," Crystal whispers as they make their way to Kanto.

~~~~

At the Kanto Castle, all the servants and maids are running around, making the final preparations for the arrival of Johto's Royal Family.

"Make sure every single inch of this castle is clean!" Red's father yells as Red walks towards the gate.

Red wears a tradition prince uniform. He has a top red with gold buttons, and his pants are blue. His usual wild black hair is combed nicely to the side, with his sword and Pokéballs resting on his belt.

"Are you excited?" Green asks as she walks up to Red, wearing a beautiful light blue dress, with her hair in an elegant braid.

"No, just nervous," Red answers, his voice monotone.

To be completely honest, Red has been dreading this day. The way he sees it, it's the beginning of the end.

Blue appears behind Red and Green, wearing a purple and green prince uniform.

"It's about time you showed up," Red mutters.

"Hey, you can't rush perfection," Blue smirks, as he flicks his hair.

Red simply rolls his eyes.

"Here they come your majesties!" A guard up at the watchtower yells, as the sound of hooves grow louder.