20. I Just Wanna Talk (Part 2)

Red stares into the mirror.

He gently touches the scar that runs vertically across his eye.

He shakes his head, then puts on his helmet.

He is wearing the traditional king armor; gold plated with an Arcarnie painted across his chest plate.

He steps out his room, and heads towards the courtyard.

"Red."

Red turns around and finds his Uncle Giovanni leaning against the wall. 

"Uncle Giovanni."

"I just want to say goodbye."

"Really? Where are you going?"

"Alola."

"Alola? Why?"

Giovanni sighs.

"Your father's death does not mean the banishment is lifted. I just had to come home to make sure you and your siblings were ok."

"Oh. But-"

"Do not worry. Everything will be fine. You will avoid war, and bring those terrorists to justice," Giovanni says with a smile then walks away.

"I'll try my best," Red whispers as he turns and makes his way to the courtyard.

...

A small group of soldiers mounted on Rapidash wait in the courtyard. On their right shoulders, two swords crossing are painted, symbolizing they are part of the King's vanguard.

Ash leads the Kanto and Johto heirs out of the castle, with Yellow following close behind.

"Yellow! Are you alright?" Crystal asks.

"Of course! Why? Is there something on my face?"

"No. It's actually your arms. They're covered in scratches and bandages. Not to mention the bruises!" Crystal says as she reaches for Yellow's arm.

"Oh! I have been real clumsy lately!" Yellow says as she inches away from Crystal.

Before Crystal can say more, a member of the vanguard rides up to the crowd.

"Hey Ashy-Boy! About time you came out!" The member yells from his Rapidash.

"Shut it Gary!" Ash yells as he hops on his own Rapidash with Pikachu on his shoulder.

"Quiet! Now get back in formation! The King is coming out!" The Captain yells at the young adults. They quickly move into place and look towards the entrance of the damaged castle.

Red steps out of the castle. He lifts his face guard up and makes his way to his siblings.

"Blue, you're in charge. Green, you're in charge of Blue."

"Yes sir!" Green says with a smile. 

Blue stares at Red.

"I know you're trying to lighten the mood, but in all seriousness, you better come back safely," Blue say as he pulls Green and Red into a hug.

"Wow. I did not know Blue had feelings," Crystal whispers to Silver. He rolls his eyes.

Red looks over to Yellow, who avoids eye contact.

"If all is well, I will be back in about a week," Red says. 

He mounts his Rapidash.

"You mean when all goes well, right?" Crystal asks.

Red smiles.

"Of course. I have to come back to you, don't I," he says as he closes his helmet. He clicks his tongue, and his Rapidash takes off, with his Vanguard following closely behind.