Endings & Beginnings

I walk over to where Adam is sitting before class starts.  He's goofing off with his friends.  I don't understand what I saw in him.  I stand in front of him and he ignores me.

Then I clear my voice and he tilts his head, I whisper, ''Do you want me to make a scene?'' He slowly nods no.  I smile and say Adam, he ignores me again. I guess he wants this the hard way. I slam my book down on his desk, causing all talking to stop.  He turns to me and says what.  I whisper we're over. Don't fail me now new self.

He pales, what he says. ''We're over, we're over you cheating piece of scum.''

He replies, ''What?''

''You heard me'' I respond. Whispers start, I put my hands on his desk and lean toward him, he leans in for a kiss, and I slap him.

''How dare you try to kiss me after what you did, you made out and stuff with my (now) ex- best friend and you think you can kiss me!'' I yell. ''WE ARE OVER, SO FREAKING OVER!''

''Babe'' he starts.

''Don't you babe me, you low down piece of crap, don't talk to me.'' I felt so good, never felt more in power than that moment.  I sauntered to my seat like nothing happened. All eyes on me, I smiled. Everyone starts to whisper, but I don't care. I hear seats scraping back, and someone walks over to me, I roll my eyes. Someone looms over me, and I close my eyes.  

The person rocks my desk and I look up, ''Get up'' I say.

''Make me'' says Adam.

''You don't want me to'' I reply. He chuckles, ''Oooohh, I'm scared.'' That pisses me off, when people belittle me, I get up and push him a bit.

He says,''You think you can push the captain of the football team off the table.'' I rolled up my sleeves and shove him as hard as I can and he falls off. The look of hurt, and shame in his eyes almost make me want to feel bad for him.  

I put out a hand, he stares at me, eyeing my hand like its poison, he takes it, I pull him up and whisper in his ear, ''Don't mess with me.'' He picks up my stuff and puts on my desk and takes his seat. The teacher raises an eyebrow.  

I smile, the bell rings and the teacher says, ''Well, that was eventful, read the first Act 1 Scene 1 of Romeo and Juliet, and we will have a class discussion tomorrow, have a nice day!'' I get out and start to walk to my class, head held high. Someone grabs my arm, and I turn, ready to karate chop them.  I turn and see Emma Prescott, my ex best friend from the beginning to 8th grade.

 She smiles at me, and I shake her off, ''What do you want?'' I grunt.  

She responds,''Can't I talk to an old friend?''

''No you can't, you made it clear when you publicly denounced and humiliated me on the first day of freshman year'' I sigh.

She smiles, ''I'm sorry, people told me things, and I wanted to be popular and people said you would not really help with it, you were great, but it's high school, forgiven?"

''I wish it was that easy'' I smile.

She sighs,''I mean it, I am really sorry.''

''I am too, I spent the last summer and school year alone thanks'' I huff and walk away. I run to the bathroom so fast I don't turn around and see the crushed look on her face.