Prom?

(credit to artist)

Thank you so much for all of your reads and votes and comments! I really don't know how to thank you <3

This part is kinda shitty, but I wanted to update so here you go!

Veronicas POV

"Soooo, how are you going to ask to prom?" I ask and look in the mirror while putting on mascara. Betty, who is doing her eyebrows in the mirror next to me, stops and looks at me. For a second her face is turning into a strange grimace I don't understand, but it soon disappears and she looks thoughtful.

"I don't know", she says a short moment later and a little spark of hope lights up in my heart. "I mean... There is someone, but I don't think it would work."
I laugh a little, but the hope is replaced with jealousy. Of course Betty would never ask me, it's just stupid to think something else. Instead I try to figure out who it is. I have no idea and I don't like not knowing thinks.

"Who?" I ask as innocent as I can and continues with the mascara. Betty stops and looks at me. I can feel her gaze on my cheek. It makes my heart pound harder and I feel like she can see right through me; can see what I really want. I pretend like I don't notice. I can't let her know that just her eyes on me makes my whole body shiver.

"Don't you know?" she asks. I shake my head, suddenly too nervous to look at her. I can hear her moving around. I give her a quick gaze. She has moved so her whole body is turned against me. I hurry to keep putting on the mascara. I have put on too much already, but suddenly I don't remember how to do anything else.

"Are you sure? Because I think you know them", she says and laughs a bit. "And I haven't done a very good job at hiding it."

"Really?" I ask. My voice sound scared. I am scared. What I think is about to happen have happened a million times before in my head. I have prepared what to say and do, but when it's suddenly real I can't remember anything anymore.
Suddenly I am very aware we are the only one in the room. That we are the only one in my apartment. My mom won't be home in another couple of hours.

"Yeah, really," Betty tells me. I can't longer pretend I don't notice her getting closer and closer to me, so I turn towards her.
She is closer than I had realized, just a few decimeters away. We are so much closer than we should. My heart is beating like crazy, but I still don't want her to go back. And she doesn't. Instead she takes another step forward.
I have long for this moment from the time I first saw her at Pop's. We are so close I can feel her breath, almost so close I can hear her heart beating. There is absolutely no doubt she can hear mine.

"So..." I start and somehow find the courage to stare into her eyes. She looks a bit amused, but under that I can see that she is as terrified as I am.

"I know them?" I finish. Betty just nods. I look down at my shoes for a moment, swallows deep, and then look back up.
The amusement in her face is gone. Her eyes looks naked. She knows I know what she want, but she is not sure if I want the same thing.

"Might I be them?" There is hope in my voice. All the hope I've tried to kill since I met her is back.
There is a long, tense moment of silence. For a second I wonder if I've read the whole situation wrong. We just look at each other, unsure what is supposed to happen now. The time passing by is painfully slow. I wait for her to answer, but she doesn't.
Instead she closes the air between us and, just like that, her lips are on mine. In the same moment we touch everything feels right.
Her arm is around my waist while mine is on her back pressing her against me. She kisses me and I kiss her and everything is perfect. The feeling of being close to her, to feel her naked skin against mine.
I let one of my hands find its way in under her shirt and let it slide up and down her back. Her skin feels soft and warm. She moves her hands from my waist and puts them in my hair. Her fingers starts playing with it.

After what feels like hours but at the same time far too soon, Betty breaks loose and looks at me.

"So..." she starts with a smirk on her lips. "Is that a yes?"

"A yes to what?" I ask feeling confused. Betty laughs and it's the most wonderful thing in the world. She hit me playfully on my arm and bite her lip. Oh, so sexy she is when she does that.

"To the prom of course, silly!" When I still look confused she sighs a joyful sigh.

"God, I must be a really good kisser if you've already forgotten", she says. I smile and lean forward again.

"Let me try", I breath against her neck before placing my lips on it and slowly working my way up to hers. She answer the kiss and soon we are lost in each other again.

"That is absolutely true, you are the best kisser ever", I tell her when we break apart again. A beautiful pink tone is coloring her face and I can feel myself blushing to.

"So you will go to the prom with me?" she asks and I just nod before kissing her again.

I'm sorry for not updating in a while, I've been busy and had writers block. But now when school starts I'll try to update more.

Also, I was thinking of starting a new AU/one short story about Drarry, so please let me know if you would want that!

Thank you for reading this far, I really appreciate it!