Chapter 5/End

Thomas was finishing off transporting the passengers from one town to the next, and when he went down the main railroad, he encountered Lady, who was also finished up from her usual routine. Thomas caught up with her and began chatting with her.

"Hello my lady."

"Oh hello, Thomas."

"Busy day, huh..."

"I guess so-" Lady suddenly started to slow down. She was running out of gold dust!

Thomas quickly realised what was happening and reversed. He asked his driver to switch the rails and he eventually did as Thomas asked. Thomas switched rails and began pushing her down the hill. Suddenly, Thomas' breaks stopped functioning due to no lately check-ups, and both the engines flew past the slower trains. Everyone they passed looked quite shocked at the huge speed they were accelerating at. Gordon felt mad that even he wasn't able to match their speeds. Thomas' driver contacted the nearest station and warned them about what was happening. 

Thomas and Lady were still speeding down the tracks, when they suddenly saw lots and lots of sandbags blocking their path. They hit the sandbags at full speed, and when a couple got caught in between Thomas' wheels, he began slowing down to a full stop. 

"We made it. . ." Thomas said to Lady, but something was wrong.

She didn't respond.

Thomas quickly told his driver to head to the nearest flower shop. The driver did so as he was asked, and came across a person in a blue hat and blue conductor clothing. 

"I need some magic gold dust, now..." Thomas' driver said in a hurry. The conductor nodded and handed him a heavy bag. The driver exited the shop, and headed towards Lady's driver. He handed the bag to the other driver, and headed back to Thomas. When the gold dust was deposited into Lady, she awoke from her very deep sleep. 

"H-huh, what h-happened...?" Lady asked, still confused.

"Oh thank God you are okay, my lady. I was so worried we couldn't get the gold dust in time." Thomas responded, still trying to regain his energy from the high-speeds he went at. Lady then looked around, noticing the town she was in, and the sandbags. 

"Y-you did all t-this for me...?" Lady asked, feeling mixed emotions hitting her in the face all at the same time. 

"Of course." Thomas replied. Lady smiled, and a very faint red could be found on her cheeks. 

Eventually a mechanic showed up and fixed Thomas' breaks. The villagers removed the sandbags and off the two went into the sunset, side-by-side, together forever.