Chapter 1: Life Before That Day √

Viva's POV.
It was just another one of my terrible days at school. I came home and ran up to my room where I'm free to do whatever I want without anyone telling me what to do. I laid on my bed and cried my innocent little heart out.

15 minutes later

I just laid there for what seemed like eternity, not knowing what I wanted to do next. I finally realized that I never did my history homework. I quickly sat up, grabbed my phone, and texted Maggie.

Maggie is my best friend. Well my only friend. I asked her if I could come over so we could do our homework together. She said yes, and I can come over anytime. So I grabbed my bag and put my laptop, mouse, mouse pad, and my headphones inside.

I ran downstairs and almost made it out the door before my mother came into the hallway stopped me.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" she asked wanting an answer.

"I'm not going to get out of this easily, am I mom?" I asked shaking my head slowly.

"No," she said sighing.

"Well, if you want to know so badly, then I'll tell you," I said firmly.

"Well..." she urged me to go on. Well done Viva. You really did it this time. I told myself in my head.

"Well..." she said again.

"I'm on my way over to Maggie's house, so we can work on our history homework paper," I told her hoping she will let me leave. If I leave now, maybe me and Maggie can get a head start. I told myself.

"Okay," she said with a deep and long sigh. She went back out into the kitchen. I made a sigh of relief when she left.

"Bye Mom!" I shouted on my way out the door.

"Bye, sweetie!" she shouted back at me. I jump​ed off the steps and down the street not looking back.

20 minutes later

I finally got to my destination, Maggie's house. I knocked on the door panting slowly. Someone opened the door. It was Maggie's mother.

"Is Maggie here?" I asked shyly.

Oh, did I not tell you before? Since I'm treated how I am at school by the other students, I'm, well, you know, shy around practically everyone except my parents and Maggie. I also have no siblings, I'm the only child.

"Yes, she is. She's up in her room," she said politely.

"Thank you," I said quietly. She nodded her head and smiled. She already knows why I'm shy, and how I'm treated by other kids in school.

Maggie once told me that her parents actually really feel bad for me. That is why they treat me like their very own. The same way my parents feel about Maggie. It's kinda sweet if you ask me.

I went upstairs to Maggie's room. She looked at me with that scared look she gives me when something's wrong. She got up off her bed and hurried over to me. Maggie pulled me over near her bed near the pillows, shoved me on the bed, went to the other side and crawled on.

She showed me the screen on her laptop. My jaw dropped so hard and fast it hurt. I looked at her with worried eyes. She shrugged and shook her head slowly. I looked back at the screen and stayed in that position.

-What was on the laptop screen?
-What will the two friends do?
-Will they ask their parents for the truth?
- Find out next time on
My First Transformation.

Edited.