Chapter 4: I'm Adopted! √

Midnight. 

"Sweetie..." my mom said trying to calm me down.

"No! This isn't fair! It can't be true!" I shouted crying.

"We wanted to tell you a lot. Trust me," my Dad tried to explain.

"Then why didn't you!?" I screamed at them.

"Because I promised my friend that I would take care of you, protect you, and never mention of her to you. Ever," mom explained.

"Why?" I said trying to calm down.

"Well...she wanted you safe..." Mom started. Then my dad elbowed her in the arm and shook his head no.

"Tell me the truth now!" I demanded. My mom nodded her head at dad.

Dad leaned over closely to mom so I could only hear them whispering.

"We have to lie to her," dad whispered.

"We can't lie to her. Sooner or later she'll find out just like this secret," mom whispered back. Dad nodded sighing.

"Are my parents still alive? Are they okay?" I asked nervously.

"They are fine, Viva," mom said. Whew, I thought. I sighed slowly. I wander if the 2 kids in that photo were only with their mother? What about the father? I thought for a while.

Probably too long, because my dad said, "Earth to Viva." I shook my head squeezing my eyes shut. I opened my eyes again.

"Welcome back to reality, sweetheart," dad said chuckling.

"Haha, very funny," I told him not amused.

Dad chuckled again. I wish I knew my real parents. I said inside my mind. I think I should go call Maggie. Maybe that will get my mind off this situation.

"I'm going to go to bed now. Night."

"Night sweetie," mom and dad chanted while I was walking upstairs.

Ring Ring Ring

"Hello," Maggie said on the other end of the phone.

"Hey," I said back.

"How did the talk with your parents go about the photo?" she asked.

"Well...it turns out that I am adopted," I explained. I told her the whole story. Right from the beginning.

23 minutes later.

"Oh my goodness!" Maggie shouted so loud that I think her parents and mine heard it.

"Maggie, shush. My parents think I'm asleep right now," I told her.

"Oh, sorry," she whispered.

"It's okay," I forgave her for shouting and said, "see you on the bus in a couple hours. Night."

"Night," she replied. I dozed off after that.

5:30 in the morning.

I sat up and yawned for a few seconds. Time to get my shower now. I said in my mind. I got up off my bed, grabbed my towel out of my loundry basket, that I washed the other day. And then went to start my shower.

15 minutes later.

I went downstairs and heard my adopted parents talking about my real mom and dad. I peeked around the corner and into the kitchen.

"We have to tell her the truth. She already knows the main point of the story," mom said.

"Okay," dad agreed.

I wander what they mean about 'I know the main part of the story.' I asked myself. I went in the kitchen pretending I did not hear a word they said. I sat at the table with them.

"Tell me what my real mother was trying to protect me from all this time," I said trying to get their attention on me. They nodded at each other before they turned and looked at me.

     "Your mother and father are part of an organization." dad said.

-What did Viva's Dad mean when he said that her real parents worked for an organization?
-What organization is Viva's parents working for?

Find out in the next chapter!

Edited.