1

I slide my small, silver key into the front door and twist for it to open. I throw myself inside the house, take off my shoes and greet my father.

I bow to him, as he looks up from his daily paper. 

"Get ready." He replies, a frown wide on his face. I nod and without hesitation, I walk casually up the stairs, passing each room and entering my own. Ready on my bed, is my uniform for work. I sigh at the thought, but quickly start to undress myself. 

As I am unchanging, the thoughts of homework rush through my head. I have a ton of homework to complete, all due in for tomorrow. I'm not usually the person to forget homework, but I can't slack off of work. 

First to be placed on my body are my knee-length, black tights. Next is my plain black skirt, followed by a hard-to-button, plain black shirt. It is short sleeved, but contains a lot of buttons, which are stiff to push through. After a good three minutes of sore fingers, I look smart. However, I am not done yet. To add to my uniform, I clip on my name badge and slide a striped green and black baret on my head.

I stumble over to my body-length mirror and check myself out a little. Not too much, but enough to know that I look decent and part of the job. 

Once am equipped with my mobile phone, I jump two steps at a time down the staircase and pop into the main room, where my dad is sat. He's on the phone, but I walk over to him anyways. 

He sighs and rolls his eyes when he sees me. Immediately regretting my life choices. 

"Can't you see I'm on the phone?" He growls. I bow, apologise and leave.

The cold air brushes upon my skin and the sky is still light. I hurry around the corner, through the alleyway, up the hill and into the restaurant with short breath. 

I bow at my co-worker Areum and she waves at me. Her outfit it identical to mine. I shuffle my way over to her, who seems pretty excited. 

"What is it?" I ask, putting my phone underneath the front desk and looking up into her hazel eye. The other eye is covered by her medium-length, light brown hair. 

She squeals, whilst gripping my shoulders and shaking me rapidly. "We have a new worker!"

I sigh miserably when I catch onto her words. "I-is that it?"

She nods. "But have you met him?" She makes a facial expression, even I cannot decipher.

"Probably not...where is he?" I ask awkwardly. 

She points to the back, where the staff room is located and grins.

"Am I missing something?" I question, whilst looking away from her to walk over the empty tables and prepare them with napkins and cutlery from all ranges. 

"Lena?" She calls me.

I hum, but do not give her any of my eyes. 

"Lena!" She snaps a little, fake coughing a little, obviously earning my attention, which she desperately begged for.  

I snap my head up. "What is it?" I look her dead in the eye. Then awkwardly look next to her. There is a boy. He is in our male uniform, which doesn't include the baret, but instead a tie with the same stripey colours. And trousers...of course.

I recognise him a little. Just as a boy from school that I never talk to. I bow at him and he returns with a lazy wave. I frown a bit, but instantly get back on with handing out menus to each table without them

1 menu. 2 menu. 1 menu. 2 menu. 1 menu... I said over and over again in my mind. 

In the background of my mind, I could nosily hear the conversation between Areum and him. Something about the basics of the place. 

A new guy, huh? Maybe he'll fit in with the rest of us, maybe he won't. Still, he seems like he's work material.

"Lena!" My boss busts in through the main entrance of the shop, an angered look on her face.

I bow to her at an instant. "Yes Miss Song." I fix my eyes to her and only her.

She looks me up and down, before giving me a look of disgust. Which if I was honest, didn't feel too great. 

"I-Is someth-"

"Where's your apron?" She snaps, wide eyes, as I look down at myself and realise that she's right. 

I bow again and apologise, immediately stopping what I am doing, to walk over behind the desk and pull out my apron. Miss Song then leaves through to the staff room, muffled words as she goes.

"New boy. Come with me!" She demands, words are still heard, due to her natural loudness. He clicks his head over to the back, then hurries to follow her.

Areum crouches down to me and begins to giggle. "What?" I slap her arm a little.

She can't help but snort, while in this process of madness, so I laugh with her. "You! You looked so scared." Her voice turns high-pitched, as she dies with laughter. 

We are then stopped by a buzz-killing idiot who gets our attention by fake coughing. 

"What?" We glare at the new boy, as we stand up together. I tie the apron around my waist, as the new boy waits for me to pay full attention to him. When I am done, he begins.

"One of you needs to teach me how to serve costumers." He rolls his eyes, forcing me to re-think all my nice thoughts about him. 

Work material...

"I have things to do." Areum backs away shyly.

He turns to me, with a bored expression. "Looks like it's you then."

I look hopelessly at Areum who seems to be amused by this.

A/N: Right, so I have so much more for this book. Things that you have to wait for and things that are unexpected. So please, keep updated with me. I will update regularly, so add this book to your library so that you will get notified whenever a new chapter is out!! Thank you for reading and please go and follow.

BTS FAN?

- It's optional, but if you haven't already, it would be nice if you read my Kim Namjoon fanfiction 'taken1' and 'taken2' 

xxxxxxx