Being Watched | 6

Author's Note: I posted this last night but it didn't upload, I'm upset. Sorry for being MIA on this story for awhile. I'm back to continue with this story. Although I cant promise you'll get weekly updates, you may get an update every two weeks. I don't have as much time on my hands as I used to with starting university. Anyway, enjoy.

To say Youngjae was feeling nervous was definitely an understatement, he was feeling a mix of things; anxious, on edge and extremely excited all at once about the events which will take place today. A few days prior he had received a letter containing information about his case and his request. He was glad to find out that they had accepted the request and ecstatic to find out that the one who would be protecting him was the man he had come to adore. Youngjae was also very happy to find out that Jinyoung had been put under police protection too, though he was curious to see who would be staying with him–since they would have to deal with his cousin and roommate too, they were definitely a force to be reckoned with. The letter stated that his protector (Im Jaebum) would arrive at 12 pm sharp and would be staying for at least two months to six months depending on the severity of the case. Youngjae's chest fluttered when he read it, he would be living with a stranger–who is extremely hot–for who knows how many months. Would Youngjae be able to look past his hormones for the sake of a case which could cost him his life? He had his doubts but what can he do about that, it was honestly Jaebum's fault for being so god-damned handsome. In the present, Youngjae was darting around his house, picking up dirty clothing from his floor and piling it in his washing machine with powder before closing the door and turning it on. Youngjae even went as far as clearing out his fridge of any expired foods and condiments and ordered a fresh batch of groceries online–not that he really bought them in person anymore. When Youngjae cleaned out his spare room the previous day, he found his old bed frame from which he moved into the house with resting against the spare room's wall. Noticing the faint smell of dirty laundry lingering in the air, he lit multiple vanilla scented candles around his home and turned on the dehumidifier located in the living room nearby his study. Only when he had opened a window in the kitchen, the spare bedroom and in his own bedroom did he stop to take a sip of his coffee, which had gone slightly cold by that time. Grimacing he poured it away and made himself a new one as he settled on the kitchen counter. He suddenly felt anxious, what if Jaebum thought that Youngjae was trying too hard? The thought made him scramble up over to the living room and begin to place magazines on the coffee table messily. Checking the clock on the nearby wall, he noticed it was only 10:40 am and headed back to the kitchen. Youngjae facepalmed, he had misread the time and rushed for nothing. On the bright side though, it gave time for the candles to burn away the gross smell and have it replaced with a fresh vanilla breeze. Youngjae had been so preoccupied with getting the spare room sorted out for Jaebum that he had forgotten to clean his actual house. Pouring hot water into his coffee, he stirred it before sitting on the sofa and watching his favourite show of all time, 'Crime Scene'. After a few episodes, he heard a knock on his door and the feelings he had been avoiding sprang up to his throat, Youngjae was so nervous he thought he might actually barf all over his freshly polished floor. Youngjae was biting his nails. Hastily walking over to the door and unlocking it, he peeked through the doors opening seeing Officer Im wearing casual clothing that made the outfit Youngjae was wearing look slightly overdressed. Maybe Youngjae had gone over the top slightly with his black and white checkered collar shirt and his khaki trousers, but who cares he looked good. Plus it is not Youngjae's fault that a lot of his clothing is top quality brands from all over the world, he blames it on his mother for shipping him so much clothing. Youngjae wondered how he managed to look so good in such ordinary clothes, he wondered if the other could pull just about any outfit off. Youngjae figured he would find out soon enough. Officer Im was wearing a white tank top with some black trousers and a pair of white converse shoes. Noticing how he had yet to open the door wide enough to let the other in, let alone greet him, he pulled the door open wider.