Chapter 2

Naina's House - 1300 Hours

"Naina, aaj lagta hai ke baarish hone wali hai"

Informs Naina's father while putting his newspaper on the side

Wearing blue jeans and a mixture of white and black top, her hair left loose, Naina comes out of the kitchen with a big tray in her hand.  With no emotions on her face, she walks towards her father and puts the tray, that is full of "pakoras" and "samosas", on the table in front of him.

"Ye lijiye baba, maine Pakoray or Samosay banaye hain"

informs Naina

With that, she turns to leave when her father calls her from the back.

"Naina"

Listening to this, she halts in her tracks. Turning around, she looks towards her father

"Ji baba?"

questions Naina.

Getting up from the couch, Naina's father walks towards her. Reaching her, he grabs her right wrist and gets her to sit down on the couch.

"Naina, tu jab se wapis ghar aayi hai tu mujhse theek se baat hi nahi kar rahi, kyun Naina?"

questions her father

Naina looks towards her father and gives an annoyed expression. Why is he acting like he does not know the reason behind her behaviour?

"Baba aap achi tarah se jante hain ke mujhe KMA wapis jana hai or aap mujhe MBA ke liye America bhejna chahte hain"

replies Naina, annoyed

Getting up from the couch in anger, her father turns his back towards Naina. In couple of minutes, he looks towards her, his eyes blazing with anger and irritation.

"Naina tu samajh kyun nahi rahi hai ke wo log tujhe bhi Naveen ki tarah..."

says her father but stops abruptly as he gets cut off by Naina

In frustration, Naina immediately gets up from the couch and stands in front of her father.

"Baba aap kyun nahi samajh rahe ke mein bhaiyya ki begunaahi sabit karna chahti hoon or wo jab hi hoga agar mein KMA mein rahoon"

yells Naina in frustration

Just when Naina's father is about to say something, the door bell rings which drags the attention of both Naina and her father.

"Mein dekhti hoon"

Saying this, an annoyed Naina walks towards the door to see who is at the door. As she takes her steps towards the door, her heartbeat picks up pace. She feels as if someone is here to help her.

Gathering a lot of courage, Naina reaches in front of the door. As she puts her hand on the door handle, her heart skips a beat. She feels some strong and positive energy on the other side of the door.