Chapter 5

Both Rajveer and Naina's facial expressions changes at this announcement that is made by Naina's father. Their eyes go wide out of shock. They leave each other's hand, which they were holding, while they look towards each other in horror.

Both Rajveer and Naina take couples of minutes to digest what Naina's father has said. As soon as they realise what he said, they both look towards her father.

"WHAT???"

they both yell out of shock

Naina's father jerks at this sudden yelling, along with the rest of the cadets who are still seated on the couch. Naina's father puts both of his hands on his ears due to the loud yelling.

Without waiting for a single second, Naina runs towards her father and now stands right in front of him.

"Ye aap kya keh rahe hain baba?"

asks Naina, out of breath

Her father calms down a little at this. Smiling, he takes Naina's hand in his hand.

"Dekh Naina, teri shaadi hamein kabhi toh karni hai na toh ab kyun nahi? Ladka bhi itna acha hai or tujhe pasand bhi bohut karta hai"

explains her father

Getting surprised, Naina takes her hand away. Taking a step back, she looks at her father with surprised expressions.

"Toh is ka mathlab aap meri shaadi yoon hi kar deinge?"

questions Naina

Rajveer, who was standing far away, he comes running towards Naina's father and stands there, looking shocked.

"Exactly!! I mean uncle ji itni jaldi kya hai?"

asks Rajveer

Rajveer starts shifting his vision from one thing to another in nervousness as he needs to think of something to stop this sudden wedding. Suddenly, a thought crosses his mind. He immediately looks at her father.

"Or...or uncle ji Naina ki maa bhi toh nahi haina..toh..toh hum unke bagair kaise shaadi kar sakte hain? I mean mujhe Naina se shaadi karne mein bilkul bhi problem nahi hai but...."

utters Rajveer in one breath without realising what he just said.

Rajveer has just confessed that he does not mind getting married to Naina. Naina's eyes go wide open at this as she looks towards Rajveer in shock. As Rajveer finds a shocked Naina, this is when he realises what he actually uttered.

"I..I mean hum aunty ke bagair kaise?"

he covers up his mistake

Naina takes a sigh of relief as she now knows that her mother is not around, she went to her sister's house for couple of days and obviously her father wouldn't get them married like this, without her mother. She relaxes a little as they finally found an excuse to stop the wedding. With her right hand's index finger, Naina points it towards Rajveer while she looks towards her father.

"Exactly baba! Ye bilkul theek keh rahein hain, hum maa ke bagair kaise?"

explains Naina

Rajveer's and Naina's face colours fades away as they both see a smile creeping on her father's lips. What is he up to now? Plastering a huge smile, her dad takes a step towards them as he crosses his arms over his chest.