Chapter 6 - Last

Sitting up straight on her bed, Naina keeps gazing at Rajveer while he looks back at her. They lock eyes immediately. Rajveer sees a lot of confusion in Naina's eyes. He fails to understand what she is confused about.

"Aise kya dekh rahi ho Cadet Naina Singh Shekhawat?"

questions Rajveer, smirking a little.

Naina's heart skips a beat as he calls her "cadet Naina Singh Shekhawat". What does he mean? Does it mean that they really got married? But then, why does she not remember anything that took place after the marriage?  She does not understand.

Lowering her eyes, Naina gets up from the bed and walks towards Rajveer. Rajveer notices her each movement very carefully. Looking back up in his eyes, Naina stands straight.

"Shekhawat?"

questions Naina out of confusion.

Rajveer gets confused and keeps staring at her with tons of questions. Naina waits for him to say something but he does not, he keeps looking at her. Lowering her eyes, out of shyness, she asks her next question, hesitantly.

"Kya hamari sach mein shaadi hui hai ?"

questions Naina, in nervousness

She waits for Rajveer's reply for couple of minutes. When she does not get a reply from him, she slowly looks back up in his eyes. A smirk is prominent on his face which makes Naina even more nervous. The next thing she sees is Rajveer taking steps towards her. Her heartbeat picks up pace with every step he takes as she lowers her eyes again.

Reaching Naina, without uttering a word, Rajveer grabs her right hand's wrist. Naina's heart skips a beat with this action of Rajveer's and she looks up at him immediately out of confusion. Rajveer understands her confusion. Without saying anything, taking her hand in his, he moves towards the dresser that is in her room. Silently,  Naina follows him.

They reach in front of the dresser and Rajveer gets her to stand right in front of the mirror while he stands right behind her, extremely close to her. They are so close to each other that Naina's back is touching Rajveer's front and Naina can feel his warm breath over her neck. Naina closes her eyes tightly as she tries to control these new emotions.

Plastering a smile on his face, Rajveer moves his lips towards Naina's right ear.

"Aankhein kholo Naina or samne dekho"

whispers Rajveer

Very slowly, Naina opens her eyes and looks at herself in the mirror. What she sees, it makes her heartbeat to increase while Rajveer can hear the rhythm of her increasing heartbeat. She finds herself in the same saree that she wore for the wedding. Looking carefully, she finds her maang filled with sindoor and a mangalsutra around her neck. Very carefully, she touches her forehead to ensure that this is real. In the process, it leads her bangles to chime which does amazing things to Rajveer.

When she is sure that this is all real, she turns around and finds Rajveer smiling at her. She is sure that it was not her dream, but reality, a sweet reality. But another questions crosses her mind. How did she get in her room? On her bed?

"Mein yahan kaise aayi?"

questions Naina

Rajveer lets out a big laugh at this question.

"Aaj tum teen teen bar behosh ho chuki ho!"

says Rajveer