5 - Wrong Kiss, Wrong Time (3)

Hey, guys! This is the last part of "Wrong Kiss, Wrong Time". Don't forget to comment and vote!

WARNING: Mature chapter

Flashback - March 23rd, 1998 - Kate's Journal

The moment I let go of Leo's hand, my heart stopped. I don't know why. My mind came back to reality and I remembered where we were and what we were doing.

James was up on stage again, receiving his award, and Leo let go of my hand to congratulate him again.

"Whoohoo, you're the king of the world!" Leo was screaming. Everybody was clapping and smiling. I was in shock, so lost in my memories it took me a couple of minutes to react to the whole situation.

"Kate... Kate," I kept hearing my name in that ever so familiar voice until I snapped back completely.

"Kate, are you okay?" Leo looked concerned.

"Yeah, just a little shocked, that's all," I said, distantly.

"Listen, if this is getting uncomfortable, we can leave." He gave me a piercing look as I took another sip of my champagne.

"Leave? Where would we go?" I asked curiously, hoping for another runaway like the one a while back. Oh, that forest. I will forever hold that memory dear in my heart.

"I can call Tommy. We could go back to my place?" Right, we were in L.A for the premiere. He lives here.

Wait, his place? No, Kate, you're half-drunk and will most probably do or say something you don't mean.

"Your place, huh? I haven't been there yet... Let's go." What the fuck is wrong wi- wait, you're drunk, of course.

"Mum, Dad, I'm going to stay over at a friend's tonight, is that alright?" My father looked almost concerned, but mum didn't.

"Sure, honey. Call us when you get there and tomorrow if you need anything." She wholeheartedly believes nothing would happen between Leo and I because I had always denied it all to her. Oh, mother, if you only knew what happened after that...

"Of course, thanks." I tried to sound as sober as I could, kissing her on the cheek and hugging my dad goodbye.

"C'mon, Leo, let's go." He waved and we walked over to the car where he kindly opened the door for me.

"Home, Tommy. Thanks for being here this late. I hope you didn't get in trouble with your wife." Leo made conversation with his friend.

"Don't worry, mister, my wife is asleep... hopefully." They both shared a laugh and Tommy drove us off.

After half an hour or so, we arrived at Leo's place. It was a huge, white house with large windows and a gate with a code that I came to know by heart. There were a lot of plants around as well as three expensive cars. Leo got out of the limo, thanked Tommy, and paid him extra for the late-night favour.

He opened my door again and offered his hand to me. I accepted and he helped me out of the car.

Going inside, I found myself sober again. I could see everything perfectly, although my head ached a little.

The inside of the house was also white and spotlessly clean. There were a few couches in the living room and then a hallway that led to the kitchen. There was also a big staircase that led to the second floor where the bedrooms were.

Leo sat me down on a couch and went to get us some water. I lied down and took a deep breath, soberer than I would've liked to be.

Leo came back with two glasses and I sat up so I could drink it.