Chapter 1

Los Angeles, March 1987//

Fiona nervously paced around in circles in her Los Angeles home. Her palms were sweaty, her body trembled, and everything seemed to be a blur. Fiona would hear her neighbors car doors closing, thinking it was her husband, John Goode. She jumped in fright then ran to her bedroom window. He still wasn't home.

The mounds of emotions that piled onto Fiona's body felt unbearable. It was as if she was suffocating. She had no way to escape. Her worst nightmare had come true. From this day forward her life was going to flip upside down and change.

For some this would be a blessing, but to Fiona it was a curse. She had lived her whole life living freely. Not giving a care in the world. She was the supreme after all... Fiona being Fiona  didn't take the full responsibility of the supremacy. She left that all to Myrtle Snow. Though the responsibility of being the supreme was not held dear in Fiona's heart, her powers were.

She was on her second marriage at the age of thirty. Fiona and John traveled the world. When they weren't out of the country, they relaxed in their Hollywood home. Fiona's life was perfect. Her and her husband both had the same personalities of just wanting to live life to the fullest. That was all about to change... for the worst.

For weeks Fiona had felt weaker and weaker. Her body no longer felt like her own. She was in denial at first, but finally came to terms with what was really going on.

Before John got home Fiona slipped on her black lace dress that fell to the top of her knees. She brushed through her curls with her fingers, then slid on a shiny black pair of heels. Fiona slowly walked over to her mirror to look at reflection. She no longer saw herself as the beautiful young lady that she once was. Even at the age of thirty her self confidence had diminished. Fiona turned to her side and brushed her hand down her front side attempting to flatten her stomach. It was useless... As tempted as Fiona was to change into a more loose fitting outfit, she didn't.

At three o'clock sharp Fiona was startled by the sound of John's 1987 Ferrari pulling into the long private drive. Fiona gazed out the window until he got out of his car. She rushed to the front door to greet him. Fiona set her nervousness aside and put a smile on her face.

"My favorite part of coming home after a long day is seeing my beautiful wife... hello Mrs. Goode." He throws his briefcase on the tile floor and presses his body against Fiona. John's touch slowly made all of her stress and nervousness flow out of her body. He held her close to his body and grabbed onto her lower backside. Fiona let out a soft moan then quickly detached from her lover.

She caressed his cheek then gave him a sudictive smirk.

"I'm doing just fine. And you, Mr. Goode?"

"Amazing... now let's sit. We must discuss our next trip to Cabo. I talked with the Millers, they are in."

Fiona and John planned a big trip to Cabo every summer. They always invited their close friends as well. It was something the two of them always looked forward too. It was where they had met in 1983. 1983 was the same year Fiona had left her previous husband, Lou, for John.

Fiona quickly became discouraged. Her smile had quickly escaped her profile. She bowed her head then fiddled with her wedding ring. John wasn't skeptical at first until he noticed his wife suddenly crying.

He took her hands and held them close to his heart. "Fiona, tears for Cabo?"

Fiona shook her head... as she did so her curls bounced on her shoulders. John moved the hair out of her face and smiled.

"No, tears for something much bigger than Cabo." She utters

"What, my love?"

"John- we... we are-" Fiona struggled for the three simple words to escape her mouth.

"We are what? Fiona..." he says

"We are having a child." Fiona says quickly. She had been holding it in for so long and the words had finally escaped. Fiona sat next to John, hoping for something, just anything to put her mind at ease. He sat there blankly staring at his wife. His eyes then moved down her to small stomach then back up to Fiona's eyes. She sighed, discouraged and unable to read her husband.

"We are having a child." He repeats Fiona's exact words. He turns his body and falls into the couch. He was motionless.

"John, honey..." Fiona whispers

"We are having a child." He says again

Fiona quickly became agitated. Her heart raced and she just wanted to scream. John wasn't reacting in a way that was pleasing to Fiona. She clenched her fist and banged it into the couch cushion.

"Damn it! Don't you think I know that! Stop saying it, stop reminding me!" She shouts. Fiona squeezed her eyes shut, avoiding the tears. The vase that sat in the middle of their coffee table unexpectedly flew across the room and hit the wall. It shattered into pieces. John was startled by what his wife had done. In that moment John knew he had to set his emotions aside and comfort his wife that was in distress. He sat up from the couch and grabbed onto her clenched fist. He released the pressure and brought them to his lips giving her a soft kiss.

"It's okay... we can do this." He whispers softly.

Fiona opens her eyes slowly and replays what John had just said to her.

"We aren't ready to be parents. We never planned to have children." She says anxiously

"That's okay. Life is full of great surprises."

**