Chapter 2 (p2)

After Cordelia gathered her things they left the academy and drove to Eileen's home. On the ride over Delia and Henry played with each other while Fiona sat quietly. Myrtle had made her so upset. Seeing Myrtle with Delia made Fiona jealous. Deep down Fiona knew Myrtle was right, she was more of a mother to Delia than Fiona would ever be. She just didn't want to admit it. A part of Fiona wanted to bring her daughter back home, but Fiona was too scared.

They pulled into the mile long driveway. A gate blocked the car from entering. Fiona rolled down her window as one of the 'guards' walked up to her.

"May you open the gate, please?" Fiona says

"Huh, Ms. Goode. Welcome back." A tall man says with a smile.

Fiona grins, before she could respond Cordelia climbs onto Fiona and sticks her head out the window.

"Mr. David! It's me, Delia!" She waves her hand and smiles

"Delia! We've missed you. Enjoy your stay." He smiles as he motions another man to open the gate.

They do so and Fiona rolls up the window. Delia was still on top of Fiona.

"Delia, please sit back in your seat." Fiona motions

Delia nods and sits in between her mother and Henry.

"I missed Nana's house." She says as the car slowly goes around all of the bends.

Cordelia had been acting like it had been forever since she last saw her grandmother. This was alarming to Fiona because she thought that Delia only spent a few days at the academy during the week.

When they reach the large home on a hill the driver gets out of the car and opens the doors for everyone. Fiona steps out first and Delia follows. When they get out Cordelia grabs onto Fiona's hand and holds it. Fiona looks down and her small hand wrapped up in her own. She couldn't help but smile.

Henry walks around the car and puts his arm around Fiona.

"Ready?" He asks as the begin walking to the door.

Fiona nods.

The driver followed them with all of their bags.

Before Fiona could knock on the door Eileen quickly opened the door. Then, Delia let go of Fiona's hand and ran into her grandmothers arms.

"Nana! Look, it's mother and Henry!" She points then hugs her mother.

"Yes, I see. Hello, welcome back." She says to the couple.

Henry walks forward and hugs Eileen. Henry was more of the social and mushy type, unlike Fiona. At events, he always did the greeting for the two.

"It's great to be here." He says happily

Eileen smiles then turns to her shy daughter. "Fiona."

"Mother" Fiona says faintly

"Come inside. I can't imagine how hard it is to not have a drink." She says to Fiona

Fiona takes Henry's hand and they walk into the home.

Since Cordelia had been spending lots of time at the academy with Myrtle, she wasn't able to spend lots of time with her Nana. Seeing her and being able to spend all this time with her made her so excited. She did like her visits to the academy and classes, but she was so close with her grandmother. Cordelia would be upset when she'd have to leave Eileen's for a few days during the week. Just because she still fully didn't understand that she had powers and was a witch.

The four of them sat in the living area. Eileen had a glass of water with Henry and Delia while Fiona sipped on her martini.

Delia did lots of the talking. Henry and Eileen would chime in when Delia spoke to them, but Fiona sat their quietly.

"Nana, all the older girls at the academy say there's a supreme... she's powerful!" Cordelia smiles

Fiona widens her eyes. Henry and Eileen look at Fiona. Then Cordelia does.

"Mother, do you know who the supreme is?"

Fiona sets down her drink and shakes her head. "No, Delia. I do not." She says sternly

Cordelia puts her head down. "I want to meet her. I heard she's beautiful." She smiles

Fiona promised her mother that she would not tell Delia about her supremacy. Eileen just wanted to protect her while she was at the academy and be 'normal' and 'fit in'. Eileen feared that Delia would be treated differently by the girls if they knew her mother was supreme.

"Delia, why don't you go wash up for dinner." Eileen says trying to change the conversation. She also wanted time alone with Fiona.

"Henry, would you like to see my room while I wash up?" Delia asks taking his hand.

Henry looks for approval from Fiona. She nods slightly and turns to her mother. She was trying to give Henry a clue that she needed to speak with her.

"Of course." He says following her out of the kitchen.

When they left the room Eileen turned to Fiona. With her hands she shut the door making sure no one could come in. When Eileen and Fiona were alone, it was usually serious talk.

"You should visit more. Now that Delia is growing older she has grown to miss you terribly. And Henry, she adores him as well."

Fiona had no answer. Her mother always did this when she came to visit. It was routine.

"Mother, I do not want Delia spending so much time at the academy any longer." Fiona says suddenly

Eileen widens her eyes "excuse me?"

"I don't want Delia there anymore." Fiona hisses

Eileen huffs and crosses her arms. "Then where will she go? A public school? With her powers they will lock her up." Eileen raises her voice.

"You can teach her. She doesn't need Myrtle."

"You're jealous of Myrtle. That's what it is."

"No, I don't want her being exposed to all of those girls. Some of them could be dangerous. I hated growing up there. I don't want her to be picked on like I was."

Fiona thought back to when she was Delia's age. The older witches were always terrible to the younger witches. They used their powers to pick on them. Fiona would always call home to her mother, begging to come home. Eileen always declined since she wanted Fiona to learn from the women in the academy.

Fiona only worried for Delia. Of course she was jealous of Myrtle and Delia's relationship.

Eileen shakes her head. "You are jealous. This isn't about the older girls. I don't understand you, Fiona. You are jealous of Myrtles relationship with Delia but you never make an effort to have a relationship with her.
As long as she is under my care, she is going to the academy. Just like you did. Just like I did."

Fiona was so angry with her mother. She just wanted her to teach Delia how to manage her powers. Fiona didn't want to do it herself. Fiona just wanted to do anything to get her away form myrtle. They never liked each other. She didn't want to give Myrtle the satisfaction of Cordelia loving her more than Fiona.

"I don't want her attending the academy." Fiona repeats herself

"Stop it! Don't you understand, I can not care for Delia!"

Fiona stops... she could see the sadness in Eileen's eyes and her change in tone. It was almost as if she had skipped a few breaths. Eileen paused and let out a deep breath.

"don't you think I want Delia here. I'm so alone. I adore that little girl. It kills me when I send her away. But you don't understand, I'm sick. I'm not capable of caring for her. Myrtle has helped me so much. She needs to be at the academy."

"Mother, I didn't know... you can't be sick." Fiona says with denial.

//-//