Chapter 4

The room was dark and quite. Fiona felt powerless for the first time as she stood above her lifeless mother. The woman that raised her to be the classy powerful woman that Fiona was is gone. Nature took her too quickly giving Fiona no time. She looked at her mother from head to toe. Her seventy pound body, black and blue eyes, and peach fuss head laid on the bed. Her chest no longer rose. Her eye didn't twitch. Her fingers didn't twiddle. Her mouth did not form a soothing smile.

Fiona felt lifeless herself. It was always her and her mother. Fiona couldn't use her powers to bring back Eileen. She asked to be gone forever.

Now that her mother was gone, everything fell back on to her. The coven and Delia. It scared Fiona more than anything. She just wanted to go home and live her life, but now everything was on pause.

The air was cold in the room. Fiona could feel the spirits taking Eileen's soul to place it else where. Fiona didn't move. She was frozen and lost in her own thoughts.

She thought back to her first wedding when her mother walked her down the aisle. Then when her mother delivered Delia and took her to raise. Eileen devoted her life to Fiona and Delia. For that, Fiona was forever grateful. She was angry at her mother for leaving her. Fiona was lost now and didn't know what to do.

Fiona was there when Eileen took her last breaths. Now, it was time for her to break the news to Myrtle, Henry, and sweet sweet sweet Delia who waited outside the door.

Fiona wiped the single tear from her fair, walked over to her mothers vanity, brushed her hair with the same golden brush that Eileen used, powdered her nose, and slide on her satin black heels.

The clicking of her heels echoed through the house. She slowly opens the creaky door and looks at Delia with the saddest eyes.

"She passed an hour ago." Fiona says breathlessly

"She's gone? Why didn't you come get us?" Myrtle says

Fiona rolls her eyes and turns to Henry. "I need to make a few calls. Make sure nobody goes inside, especially not Delia." Fiona says sternly

"Fiona" he says catching her hand

She looks into Henry's eyes. He knew she wanted to cry, but he knew Fiona too well to know that she wouldn't.

Cordelia cried. Her cries became louder and louder. Fiona had to stop to comfort her daughter. Even though she didn't know how, Myrtle beat her too it.

"Delia." Fiona says

Delia turns to her mother and stares into her eyes. "She loved you dearly."

//-//

That night:

"Today was a very long day, you need some rest." Henry says as Fiona paces around the room.

"How can I sleep?" She howls

"You need to keep your energy for tomorrow when you go to the coven to make the announcement." Henry says walking up to Fiona to unzip her.

As he goes to do so, Fiona stops him. "Do you hear that?" She whispers

He stops and listens. "It sounds like cries."

"Delia. Maybe I should go..."

"I think you should."

Fiona zips herself back up and goes to check on Delia down the hall who she could hear sobbing.

As Fiona goes to peak in, she sees Myrtle at Delia's bedside comforting her. It made Fiona so jealous.

"I miss her so much auntie Myrtle."

"I know you do, Delia. But she will always be with you."

"I don't want to live with mother. Truly, I don't like her. She doesn't like me." Delia cries

"That's not true. You and I have talked about this." Myrtle says

"Can't I stay here with you?"

"Of course. I bet your mother will say yes."

"I wish it was her that died." Delia cries

Fiona hides behind the door. Heartbroken to listen to how her daughter talks about her, she runs into another room.

She falls to the ground and wheeps into her knees as she cries.

//-//