Chapter 1 (p2)

December, 1991-

The holidays were quickly approaching. To fill in the days before Christmas Henry and Fiona spent their time at Christmas parties held by friends and enjoying their own company alone in their home. They were staying in New York during the month of December. But as it got closer to Christmas Fiona and Henry would be traveling up to New Orleans to see Cordelia for Christmas for the first time in a while. It was one of the very few times that Fiona decided to see her or was welcome to see her. Fiona as always was nervous to see her daughter and mother. She was nervous to go to New Orleans in general. Fiona always feels on edge and in a way intimidated when she sees not only her daughter, but Eileen and Myrtle as well. Every time Myrtle knew Fiona was in town she made it her mission to come by and either rub her and Cordelia's great relationship in her face or complain to her about how she is a horrible supreme. A horrible supreme is exactly what Fiona is, but in a way it always hurt.

Fiona tried numerous times to call off visiting for Christmas and fly Cordelia to New York, but both Eileen and Cordelia refused. New Orleans was all Cordelia knew. She had many friends from the academy that became her family, she had Eileen and Myrtle as well. She didn't want to leave them to spend a holiday with someone she barely knew. Henry was able to convince Fiona to just suck it up and book the tickets. Henry always enjoyed seeing Cordelia and he wanted Fiona to see her as well. Being Fiona's husband, he knew that there were times when she missed Delia like crazy.

December 20th-

"Fiona, are you ready? The taxi will be here in no time." Henry says. He stands at the door of the pent house with two large bags impatiently waiting for Fiona.

Fiona was in their bedroom sitting in the edge of the bed. She looked out the large glass window to find the city of New York still asleep. It was early in the morning. The sun was slowly rising and Fiona watched as it did. She didn't want to leave, she was scared as ever. This happens every time.

Henry called Fiona's name a few times before he gave in to go search for her.

There she was, in her favorite black attire. Her dress, not yet zipped, and her heels sitting next to her. He stands at the bedroom door and knocks on it with his knuckles.

Fiona sighs when she hears the knock. She slowly stands up but doesn't face Henry.

"Will you zip me?" She whispers

Henry nods and walks up to her. He zips her then kisses her neck.

She turns around and looks at her husband.

"I'm sorry, I just can't find myself able to leave." She whispers

"It will be fine. Cordelia will be happy to see you."

"No!" Fiona snaps

Henry stood their with a blank face.

"She is never excited to see me. Never ever ever!"

Henry sighs

"I don't want to go. We aren't leaving." She says sternly

"Don't do this, Fiona. You're going." Henry grabs her arm lighting trying to calm her down.

Unlike John, Henry was not afraid of Fiona. Henry and Fiona had a strong relationship and neither of them were the person that run the show in the relationship. Henry was stern with Fiona because he wanted her to go and be with her daughter.