Part 1 - Discovery

"Are you sure about this?" your best friend Soomin asked as you both got in line for the club. Le Blanc was the most prestigious establishment in Seoul - or at least that's what your brother had told you. You could understand; what with its towering, lit architecture and modern, clean lines in a classic, intricate design. The club was the biggest, most elaborate building in downtown. The main attraction where only the most elite are permitted.

You nodded your head, eyebrows furrowed, determination keeping you standing in these god awful heels. "That little shit has been acting so weird lately. I'm getting to the bottom of this, Soominie." You turned, squeezing your friend's arm in appreciation. "Thank you for doing this with me."

Soomin, with her long dyed-blonde hair and lithe, elegant body, was a complete bombshell in her bodycon blue dress. She had a jacket pulled over her petite shoulders, but even that didn't take away from how stunning she looked. You both were knockouts, dressing the part. You'd heard only the most high of class frequented this club. You had to have a special pass and everything. With your computer skills and Soomin's snooping, it wasn't hard to make fake copies. You just hoped it was enough.

She took a steady breath. "Right. You're lucky I love you, girl. I don't sneak into highly secured establishments for the fun of it."

Yeah, you thought, mind wandering. I usually don't either...

You supposed last week had been the last straw. Your brother Taehyung and you shared an apartment in the downtown area not too far from Le Blanc - and that meant sharing a car. He'd dropped you off earlier yesterday evening for your night classes at the local college with the promise of picking you up like he had done a million times before.

Well, that was before he started acting all strange.

Long story short, Taehyung hadn't shown up to take you home, so you had to scramble for a ride. Luckily, Soomin's family was rich and her parents let her pick which car she took to pick you up.

When you'd arrived home, you'd thrown open the door, ready to unleash your fury. "Taehyung!" you'd screamed, dropping formalities and throwing your backpack on the kitchen counter.

You had stormed into the living room, following the sound of voices. On your couch sat your brother and two other men, your angry rant currently lost. Taehyung was always having strange people over lately, but you'd just thought he'd been making new friends at college even though you've never seen them a day in your life.

The man who had sat beside him looked the oldest, maybe even old enough to have graduated already. He had a calculative stare, jet black hair pushed back away from an unbelievably handsome face. The man seemed almost inhumanly beautiful. All clean lines, smoothed skin, and a lively expression. You saw a lot of beautiful people out on the streets of Seoul all the time, but none quite like this man. He had an aura of regal power about him - a mysterious darkness too. He instantly made you wary.

The man beside him was handsome as well, body like a languid cat. High cheekbones, soft brown hair, and when he smiled at you it was like sunshine filtering through the window.

Too bad it was raining.

"y/n," Taehyung tried, and you'd had to blink out of your initial shock to focus on your brother.

You had suddenly remembered why you'd stormed in so angrily. "Oppa! I told you to pick me up from the university at nine!"

Your brother's face had paled then as realization flooded his eyes. "Shit, I didn't realize it had gotten so late - "

"I had to call Soomin to drive me home!" You looked at the other men lounging on your couch, bouncing their stare between you and your brother like a tennis match. You remembered being so angry you could cry. "How could you? Who even are these people?"