Chapter Seven

Laurance POV:
"Cadenza leave me alone!!" she chases me "But you have to try the tux!" I say "I didn't even ask her yet!!" I run away "Laurance!" I go hide behind Aphmau "What happened?" I say "She's crazy!" she says "You're crazy too Laur." I say "Crazy in love with you, but not crazy like her!!" she laughs "Laurance come on! Try the tux!" I jump around "No!!" she tries to get me "Come here!" Aph's laughing "Aphmau help me!" she says "Alright Cadenza, that's enough. How about I try the dress?" my sister grabs Aph and drags her away "How can she be so calm with Cadenza when she's in the crazy mode?" I sigh "This is one of the reasons why I love her so much." I sit on the couch to wait for her return.

Dante POV:
I wake up, but I can't open my eyes, or move "He is waking up." who is that?? "We need to tell the boss." the boss? "I am already here. He woke up?" that... voice... "Yes boss, should we start the ritual?" he says "I'll do the ritual. He is my little brother after all. Now leave." I hear footsteps walking away. I feel a hand on my head, petting me "I'll take care of you. You are safe with me." no i'm not, i am in danger! I feel the tears falling "Aw... don't cry..." he wipes the tears with him thumbs "Everything is going to be ok." is he going to turn me into a Shadow Knight? I don't want to be evil! "I love you Dante." what? "You were a kid. You just did the right thing as a good kid, but I forgave you." I feel a kiss on my forehead. I feel his hands going in my pockets "You still kept the amulet." he found the amulet he gave me "It's broken, this explains why my amulet didn't work anymore." he puts it back in my pocket "Relax, the ritual won't be painful if I do it." this can't... be happening... I hear screams of pain "What the heck? An imposter!" I hear swords clashing, but after 30 seconds, I fall unconcious, because of the heat.

*time skip*
"Dante? Please wake up!" I am able to open my eyes this time "Kyle?" he says "I am so glad you're ok." I ask "What... happened??" he says "He brought you to the Nether to turn you into a SK. He tied you, so you couldn't move, see, or talk, but I saved you in time." he hugs me "I was so worried when I saw you were gone from your room and I..." he continues "I finally defeated Gene... he lost the battle." I say "Before you had a dream to be a guard and now you're a guard." he says "The heard guard" my jaw drops "Is he awake?" he says "Yes honey" I see a woman with aqua hair, dark turquoise eyes and pale skin "Oh Dante, this is my wife, Maya." I say "Hi there miss Maya." she giggles "You can just call me Maya." Kyle says "You are going to stay here for a while, you lost energy." I sigh "Nice necklace Dante." I look at Maya confused "Necklace? I do not wear one." Kyle says "Um, you do." he points at my chest, I look at it, then my eyes widen "How did this get here? I threw it away 3 years ago." Kyle asks "Didn't your mother give you that??" I say "Yes, but I threw it a long time ago. I think Gene found it and put it back." I try to take it off "Dante, why did you throw it?" I say "The necklaces help us find each other. I do not want Gene to find me again." Maya takes scissors to cut the necklace "It doesn't cut." I will be dead when he will find me "He will not find you while you're here." I hear footsteps... a girl with fair skin, brown hair and dark turquoise eyes appears "Dad, did mister wake up??" Kyle says "Yes sweetie" she waves at me "Hi! My name is Amanda!" I say "Nice to meet you." she asks "Are you Dante?" I nod "You look younger than how dad told me about you." she gives me a mirror, I look at it, I don't have bags under my eyes anymore, my hair grew a little "I don't get it, how did this happen?" she says "I think you look cute." I smile at the kid "Thanks! My friends called me 'Old Man' before." Kyle chuckles "You looked like one when I saw you." I hit his shoulder playfully "Ok boys, I will leave you two be. Come on Amamda." they go upstairs "Kyle... do you... know about the Irene dimension??" he says "Yeah, but I don't know about the time there." I say "A few of my friend went there and lady Aphmau told me that... one minute there... is one year here in the Overworld." he's shocked "Really? And you didn't go with the others??" I shake my head "She told me to stay in Phoenix Drop..." he rubs my back "Do you have only one kid?" he says "No, I have a son too. His name is Jacob." he shows me a photo with a baby boy, he has with aqua hair, blue eyes and pale skin "Aww, he is adorable!!" he smiles "Thanks!" Kyle puts the photo back to his place "Dante" I look at him "You're not the only one who lost a sibling." I get confused "Remember Violeta, my sister...??" her skin was pale, her eyes and hair were lilac "Yes, I remember." he sighs "She ran away from home." I ask "Why?" he says "She wanted to be a guard, but our parents didn't let her, because she was a girl. After I became the head guard, she hated me more." I look at him with sadness "Our parents wanted to sent her to another village. They wanted her to be a maid, but she was furious and ran away. I sent a lot of guards to look for her, but she went missing." I wipe his tears "It's been ten years since-" I hug him "The first time I smiled in a long time... was when I... saw you after these years..." he smiles "I love you Dante... you're... a brother to me..." he continues "I want us to be cross brothers." I look shocked at him "Are you sure Kyle?? This might very dangerous." he says "We've been best friends since we were little, these days with you were awesome. I do not care if it will be dangerous, I want us to be like before." I smile "Fine" I hear Maya and Amanda cheering "So beautiful!!" we laugh "I will tell KC and the others when I will get back home." he smiles.