11

It had been a very productive week.  I had turned my life around from the miserable disparity I was in.  Runs every morning, kitchen was fully stocked with food and tons of fruits, and other essential kitchen things I had been missing.  Finally gathering myself from such a low point had been life altering.  Not only was I going on those runs every morning but I had a few job interviews in the works, in a field I was passionate about.

In seven days I hadn't spoken directly to Ryan but had to go and provide updates in rather interesting work arounds.  Whether it being a text from one of the guys or his mom or sister stopping by, he was well aware of how things were going.  Funnily enough, it wasn't just me not reaching out to him, but he would have someone else ask me about how things were going here.  On any day I would get multiple messages asking.

Today he was supposed to be home.  I wasn't sure exactly when, but today was the end of their trip.  It was all planned out, his arrival home.  I had made his favorite cake and remembered to go and grab some of his favorite take out. Hell, I was even wearing a new black lingerie set for this occasion.  It was now just a waiting game.

It was still early in the evening, so I settled down on couch and started watching a new series I knew he wouldn't care to watch.  A couple of episodes in, I was worried he may not show up, he was still so upset with me, he wouldn't come home.  I made a resolution that at the end of the next episode if he hadn't showed up or contacted me I would call.

"Gemma?"

"Hmm."

"I'm home."

"What?" I sleepily asked.

"I'm home."

I shot up, the blanket falling to my lap.  "Shit!" I muttered, looking at his tired face.  He was home, and I had fallen asleep.  "Shit, I had this whole fucking thing planned." I tiredly spoke, shoving the blanket off completely. Standing before him. "And I fucking ruined it."

"Whatever it was I would have liked it." He said, eyeing the lingerie.

"I'm serious Ryan." I huffed annoyed with myself, moving towards the kitchen.  "I made you your favorite cake, and got your favorite take out." I sighed, catching the time of the oven.  "Of course I guess you probably would have already ate."

"Why did you do all of this?" He asked, pulling me into a hug.

"I have been terrible." I admitted.  "This was not only my loss, and I just left. This week not actually talking to you gutted me.  Ryan, I am so terribly sorry for putting you through that and all of those awful things I said to you."

"And walking out on me?"

I nodded.  "And walking out on you.  You walked out first though." I argued.

"I did, but I came back to talk it out.  Of course I thought you would be there when I woke up."