Chapter sixteen

Lisa wore her uniform, as he went out of the staff room, getting ready to start working. She approached one of the occupied tables, asking for their orders.

She went working on for hours. She looked at her wristwatch, it's already 4:30. Thirty more minutes and she can finally go home.

A bell was heard, and Lisa took the dish, serving it to table number five. She took the empty plates of the customers, but she didn't know that the amount of plates were too many for her to handle.

Her eyes widened as the plate at the very top fell down to the floor. It was like the world went slower, as Lisa watched the plate slowly made contact to the ground, making a loud crash.

Lisa bit her lip, shutting her eyes tightly. She was clearly doomed, as she remembered her manager's words.

"How many times has this happened, Manoban? I swear to every single piece of our uncooked rice, one more mistake, and you're fired. You better not mess up next time. I'm serious."

As if on cue, the manager went out from the staffs' room, clearly pissed. He helped her place the plates on the sink, letting the janitor clean the tiny pieces of the broken plate.

He dragged the poor girl at the very corner of the staffs' room, clenching his fists after he lets Lisa's wrist go.

"Lalisa Manoban," he started. The said girl lowering her head in shame.

"You're fired. No whining, no complaining, get out." He said with finality in his voice.