Chapter 16: The story

It's been two days. I haven't talked to or seen Tyshawn. I haven't answered his phone calls. I walked downstairs and found my Dad at the kitchen table with fruit salad in front of him.

"Daddy." I say as I take a seat beside him. "What's up baby girl?" Dad asks.

"I saw Tyshawn with Jaclyn." I say. Dad sets his fork down. "What's going on with that?" He asks.

I tell him everything. "One you should get his side of the story before you start accusing him Chance. Two your just like your mother when we were dating. Love is a dangerous game. Me and your mother made it through." Dad says.

I sigh. Dad kissed my head and put his bowl in the bowl. I heard the door and I opened the door stood Tyshawn. "Tyshawn. How you get past security?" I ask.

"Chance I don't have time to play games with you. You know I love you more than anything and you want to leave me for a broad?" He asks.

"You were up in her face the other day." I snap.

"Look I don't want to have this argument with you. I love you Chance." He says.

"Whatever. Until you can prove it. I don't want to see your face anymore and I'll have the whole 49ers on you." I say as I close the door in his face.

I slide down the door and hugged my knees. Unwanted tears falling down my face.