A Child's Story

Wilfred's POV

It's amazing how you can make someone so beautiful smile and it's just a wonderful thing to witness. Akane... She's not like most girls I've met. The most interesting part is...
"I don't understand how you can love carrots so much to the point where you eat it raw and not to mention like that..." I uncomfortably avert my gaze but she only laughs.
"Oh common now! its good for you! I don't understand how you wouldn't like something like this" she shrugs and continues to devour the vegetable like her life depended on it.

"Hey Wilfred, wanna go into the nearby town and get some crepes?" she suggest and I look up at her confused.
"What are crepes?" I asked and her eyes lit up, she pulls out he phone and says,
"Come, we must educate you on a gift that came from the heavens"

Akane's POV

"Wanna go now? it's already afternoon so...?" I peered into his face to get an approval.
"Why not?" he smiles and I jump up,
"Lets go!" I grab his hand and pull him along. "oh uh... sorry. I'm pretty excited so I couldn't help myself..." I screwed up real bad. He's a prince Akane, you're a commoner, it's never gonna happen.

I beat reality into me and he looks at me concerned.
"Is something the matter?" he questions and I shook my head.
"Shall we get going?" I politely asked and he frowns a bit but grabs the key and points towards the exit,
"Lets go" he says and I follow after.

Wilfred and I had on sunglasses and hats so we wouldn't get caught and since there were plenty of people dressed the same, we camouflaged in very well.
"Where would you like to go prince Wilfred?" I whispered to him and he stops moving. He turns over to me and states,
"From now on, I only want to hear you address me as Wilfred, not, your highness or prince or anything of that. It's a command" he sternly orders and I solute him.
"Yes yes, where shall we head of to?" I brought up the question again.

"Hmm... how about this store?" we both look up and see a store selling merchandise and goods.
"Alright..." I agreed and Wilfred opens the door for me.
"After you" he smiles down at me and I thank him. As I was about to enter, a boy runs in before me. once we made it inside, I was awestricken by the beautiful and colorful items. Something catches Wilfred's eyes and he walks over to it. I came after to see was looking at some beautiful bracelets.

"Wow, those are beautiful, especially this one here... it must've taken quiet some time since the details are so intricate" I start blabbering and Wilfred looks over at me, "sorry..." I apologize and he exhaled,
"Shut apologizing. You didn't do anything wrong and I'm not offended" he explains and I'm just left starting at him.

Something catches my eyes and I quickly went after it.
"Excuse me young man... what do you think your doing?" I carefully grab the little boy's arm. He was the same boy who ran into the store before me. He gives me an angry look and I put my hand out.
"You know well its wrong so give it to me right now, I know you stole it, so give it to me..." I sternly say to him and he slowly pulls out some gummy candies.
"How old are you?" I questioned him and he looks away before responding back with,
"10..." I furrowed my brows.
"And your parents?" I proceed.

"I don't have any..." he scrunched his brows together and I look at his clothes.
"Let me try this again, Where are your parents? I won't tell them, I just want you to be safe... where are your parents?" I repeat myself and he looks away.
"My mom's home..." he said to me and I raised a brow.
"And your father?" I add.
"I hate him. He only comes to is when he needs money" the kid admits to me and I felt my heart breaking a little.

"Come with me..." I said and grabbed some more things before heading to the register.
"Akane, where are you going?" I turn around and see Wilfred.
"Oh! I'm so sorry, I'm going get this kid home..." Wilfred looks at me then the little kid and puts something in his pocket.
"I'm coming too..." he said and I ask the boy to lead us to his mother. When we do, we enter a quiet and bad neighborhood.
"Whoa... do towns really look like this?" Wilfred questions me and i nod.
"My childhood was something this this..." I sighed and we stopped in front of a door.