eight

"The computer is just going slow" I lie "Oh, if you want I can try to fix it" "No, no. It's fine" I say. Tamaki goes back to typing. What did I mean by not ok? It's not like I stay up at night thinking about it...

But despite the warmth and comfort I felt, I was wide awake. Left to think about my best friend and his lover. Left to think about the doubts and worries I had concerning him. Left in the dark. In silence. - part five

... Well. I just had a lot of questions, which could only be answered by Haruhi and Tamaki. But they aren't very casual or normal. If I did ask, then I'd have to explain what I heard and saw the confession. So it's best I settle with what I can find and what Tamaki had written down. Maybe the doctors told him about the effects of the surgery and a possible cure, so I'd be easier to bring up. Wait, no. I just have to play my part in this project instead of doing research because of my curiousity. I open up the document and search Hanahaki disease. I start to get on a few websites and type down what I find.

Hanahaki Disease - a disease where the victim regurgitates and coughs up flower petals when they suffer from unrequited love. The illness can only be cured through surgical removal, however any existing romantic feelings are also removed with the infection.

Only be cured? But it said that it could be cured if the love was reciprocated. I decide to do a bit more research.

There are actually ways to cure the Hanahaki disease. 1. Operation. You get to remove the blossoming (and wilting) flowers, but your feelings also get removed as well. Not a lot of people opt for this because they don't want to remove the feeling of a one-sided love, no matter how much pain it brings them. Humans can be sacrificial like this sometimes. - The second way is for the person you're pining for to reciprocate your love. Now, this is a lot harder than operation, but of course less costly I suppose.

Hm. This makes me wonder, would Tamaki have gone through all that if he didn't love Haruhi? Then again, wouldn't that just be another reason they should be together... But. It said the feeling were removed so, how? Better yet, why? Or could someone else get it too? Damn, all these questions. I type and copy paste all of this information down on my document of research / questions.

Basics about Hanahaki. What it is, side effects, causes, solutions, problems, and not mentioning the feelings being removed or anything like that. That's all I have to do, so why's it so hard? It's just Tamaki anyways. Sure it might be a bit sensitive, but since when have I considered someone this much?

I feel a light tap on my shoulder. "Hey Kyoya" Tamaki says, catching my attention. "Yes?" I answer "You were staring off... Again" Tamaki says, whispering the last part. I still hear it though. Again? So I've it's been noticable... Noted. "Sorry, sorry. Questions and new research keep popping up, that's all" "Oh, ok. I'm done with my speech thing" Tamaki says, holding the papers up. "Great, just go over it a bit and be ready for speech" I say, looking back at the computer. Before setting my eyes on the computer, I catch a glance of Tamaki's face. He looks... Worried. But for what?

"Can I still come over afterschool today?" Tamaki asks. "Sure" I answer, typing something up. "Ok" Tamaki answers, looking back down at his paper. There's a small silence. It feels as though the rest of the class was nonexistent, like it was just Tamaki and I sitting in silence. Tamaki breaks the silence, "Wait, what time is it?". I take a quick glance at the time, "Five minutes until lunch" I answer. "Ok" Tamaki answers, looking down at his writing. He starts to practice his speech through a whisper voice, loud enough for me to hear but no one else. I focus on typing instead, I'll hear his speech soon anyways.

The lunch bell rings, the students all start to head to lunch. While i shut the computer, I notice Tamaki holding his stomach a bit. I decide not to say anything, and we begin walking to the cafeteria. We walked in silence for a while, the tension grew thick. We were a hallway away from the cafeteria, when Tamaki stopped me. I turn to him and see his face. He looks a bit nauseous. "Tamaki are you ok?" I ask, worried. "I'll catch up to you soon" Tamaki says, walking another direction. I stand there, confused.