Two: Italian Resturants & Bushy Moustaches

Two: Italian Restaurants & Bushy Moustaches

I slowly became aware of my surroundings, I was lying in my bed, my pretty white and orange duvet tucked under my chin and and my ceiling fan buzzing consistently overhead.

Opening my eyes slowly, I stared lazily at the light teal coloured walls of my bedroom. My room was pretty average, with a walk in wardrobe and a sweet balcony that faced the backyard.

My room wasn't insanely decorated like many of my friends rooms but several photo frames of Melanie, some of our other friends and I lay on top of my dark wood drawers.

Matching the drawers were two identical dark wood side tables, on either side of my double bed and an average sized desk, covered in mountains of homework and papers, some I had yet to complete.

I gradually got out of bed, deciding that a shower would feel extremely good right now. Walking down the hall towards the bathroom I almost didn't notice Tyler and Francine, both in pyjamas waiting in the lounge room.

Normally I would have kept walking but I hadn't spoken to Francine in ages. As I approached the two, Tyler's shot me a smile as he saw me and he released his gentle hold on Francine who greeted me with a friendly wave, subconsciously rubbing small circles on her stomach.

Before I had a chance to speak, Tyler had already stood up and wrapped me in his warm embrace. I hugged him back for a few seconds before stepping back and reaching down to hug Francine.

"Morning Dyl,  you better get ready Cody's just about bouncing of the walls in excitement." Before I could even ask what Tyler meant, Francine cut in.

"You forgot didn't you, crazy girl, you promised Codes we would go to that new restaurant down the road!" She said looking almost as excited as Tyler had described Cody to be.

Oh, shit. Honestly how did I forget that? Sometimes I just want to slap myself silly.

"Dammit! Am I getting more forgetful lately or what? First the school thing and now this." I joked, turning towards the bathroom. I still needed that shower.

Approximately one hour later, Tyler, Sean, Francine, Cody and I were sitting in Tyler's car heading towards the restaurant. In our pyjamas. Our pyjamas.

Cody was sitting in his favourite booster seat. It was navy blue, thank god it was a dark colour with all the stains he's put on it, and had robots of all shapes, colours and sizes all over.

He was busy taking to Francine at a hundred miles an hour about who knows what. It was cute though, Francine was great with kids, she had so much patience. I knew she would make a great mother.

I was sitting on the other side of her, looking out the window and listening to The Offspring in one ear, and Sean's lecture about my pills in the other. Tyler was driving, but every now and then he would look back at Francine. A blind person could see how much he loved her.

Sometimes I envied them. That they had such a perfect relationship, but then I remembered I had no reason to be jealous. One day that could be me.

As we drove, I just couldn't help myself from singing along to my music. It was still The Offspring, You're Gonna Go Far, Kid.

Now dance, fucker, dance

Man, he never had a chance

And no one even knew

It was really only you

And now you steal away

Take him out today