Prolouge: The Beginning

I sat on my bed writing to an old friend, Marisa. Even though she was gone I still wrote to her. She was so brave and sacrificed so much. It was hard to write to a friend who is gone. I always write though.

I write all year long but when I go to camp I burn them in the offering fire for the gods. My mom makes sure they get to her somehow. But she never writes back, she can't.

I finish up writing and seal the letter up and stick it in my bag.

"Vanessa! Let's go your going to be late." My dad yells from downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled back. We were going to pick up Eric and Taylor on the way. I couldn't wait to see Annabeth. I missed her when I had to leave camp for school, even though I love school. I walk down the stairs and out the door.

***

We arrived at camp with no issues.

"Bye Dad!" I said while waving away. He smiled waved and then drove off. We ran into camp and went our sperate ways. I went straight to the Athena cabin. I opened the door. Annabeth was laying on her bed reading.

"Hey!" I said to her. She turned my direction.

"Vanessa!" She said while practically jumping out of her bed. She ran to me and gave me big hug.

"I haven't seen you in forever. How are you?" She said after releasing me from her hug.

"I am good. What about you?"

"I am great things couldn't be better."

Is Percy treating you well?"

"Of course, he would never do otherwise. What about Eric? Don't you two turn 16 in a few days." She said while blushing but didn't blush when she was teasing me.

"In two days to specific, and doubt her notices me." I said while turning as red as a tomatoe.

"Not ture, he defentily notices you. I see pretty well you know. All most as good as an owl." She said while laughing. I laughed at her joke.

"Sure" I said while rolling my eyes and smirking. The dinner bell rang.

"Good thing it's dinner time, I was getting hungry. I was starting to see things. For a second there I thought your head was a tamato." She said laughing even harder. I grabbed a pillow and hit her with it.

"Come on, I hope there is some tomatoes there." She said continuing to tease me. I hitted her again.

Then we headed to dinner. It was good to be home. Even when Annabeth loves to tease me, I still love it here.

Hello! I hope you guys like this. I wrote this a while ago and decided to make it in to a fanfic. Anyways I hope you liked it.