Chapter 5: The Escape... Sort of

As I woke up the next morning I looked at Rose who stared at me with her beautiful red eyes. We both started to get up at the same time, I then started to talk to her about the plan that I thought of before we fell asleep. She thought it was an amazing plan and her eyes glowed with the thought of finally escaping.

My plan was I was going to distract the crocodile while she swam down. She then asked "How are you going to distract the crocodile." I then turn my head towards the a pile of rocks in the corner of the platform that were just big enough for me to fit in my mouth. I said "I am going to throw them at the crocodiles' head." She then finally agreed to my plan and I then threw a rock into the water and we waited till the crocodile appeared at the surface of the water, we saw it slowly rise to the surface of the water its large scaly body looking like a log and its eyes glowed a scary orange color.

Once we saw the crocodiles head rise above the water we went into action, I went near the pile of rocks and i picked up a rock in my jaws and i swung my head back and released the stone, it landed square on its head and the gator let out a ferocious roar. I keep on doing this repeatedly and i give rose a signal with my tail wagging it slightly. Rose then took a deep breath and plunged into the water and as she got deeper the cold dark water swallowed her making it unable for me to see her.

I then used the last of the rocks except for a giant rock that was really heavy the crocodile, then flipped over onto its belly and I used all my strength to throw the rock and it hit the crocodile square in the belly, the crocodile then sunk all the way until I could no longer see him. I then took a deep breath and I dove in after Rose and I swam deeper under the water, I then feel sharp teeth pierce into my skin and I let out a panic yelp as water surged into my mouth and I then feel some pressure starting to build up and I look and its the crocodile its orange eyes glared at me with hatred.

He has my chest area in his mouth he started to apply more pressure. The more pressure the crocodile added the less I could breath and I started to Bleed heavily and I started to see black dots in my vision, but I then tried biting its neck. Once I got to its neck I started biting away till I could taste blood in my mouth. The pressure on my chest started to lessen and I stopped biting. I then got out of the grip of the crocodiles jaws and started diving down until I reached a little tunnel that hopefully led to another pond on the other side.

Once I got out of the tunnel and I saw a light shinning through the water, I hoped that was the surface of the other pond I started to rise, I then get above the water and I start to gulp in fresh air as I caught my breath. I looked around but found out that it was more cave systems instead of a way out. I then pulled myself out of the water and I flopped onto the ground in exhaustion, I then looked around for Rose but all I found was a blood trail leading deeper into a cave system, I then started following the blood trail.