Chapter 7

It's 2pm.

I'm just now getting up. I looked over to see that Angel wasn't sleeping beside me. I got up to use the bathroom and brush my teeth. Then, went downstairs to the kitchen to grab a bite to eat.

"Angel?!" I called.

"In the living room." she said.

"I need to go shopping" I yelled.

"Okay. We have a guest by the way."

I turned around to see Hannibal leaning on the kitchen counter.

"Hello Mrs. Skye. Are you okay?" he asked me.

"I'm better now. Thanks for saving me. If you wasn't there, it would've happen then and there."

Hannibal's P.O.V.

She's even more interesting when she's not in her work clothes. I get to see the real her. The cropped top exposing her flesh is to die for. I watched her grab a glass cup and head towards my direction. Of course I got out of her way. I stood next to her as she put some water in her cup.

"I should get going." I said.

"So soon?" she said, looking me in the eyes.

"Your eyes, it's.... Intriguing."

I couldn't stop looking at them.

"Thank you. I guess?" she said.

The sun was beaming on her eyes. I couldn't help it. I notice she couldn't stop staring at me as well.

"What were you doing in that meeting anyway?" she asked.

"I came to visit a old friend of mine who's the HR. He invited me to dinner. I wasn't expecting you to be there."

"Me neither. He wanted me to be there to take notes. When you're at the top of things, you begin to feel like you're obligated to do so since no one in the field wants to do anything."

She continued to talk about her job. I can tell she's compassionate about what she do.

Angel came in the kitchen and hugged her from behind. Noel laughed as Angel kissed her on her cheek.

"Awake from the dead." she said to noel.

Why is she doing this in from of me? I'm noticing my smile grew faint at the sight of Angel. Could she be doing this to make me feel some type of emotion? What ever it might be, I don't like it. Especially, her.

Noel deserves better.

"I have clients to attend to. It good to see that you are okay Noel." I said.

Her and Angel walked me to my car. They thanked me for everything as usual.

"See you tomorrow." she smiled.

I nodded.

Noel's P.O.V.

I watched him as he drove away. He had a really nice car. The way he was looking at me made me wonder what his intentions are. He wanted to say something but chose not to. When Angel came, his whole attitude change.

"You hear me taking to you?" said Angel.

"I'm sorry. What did you say?" I asked.

Her face looked irritated.

"Do you like Hannibal?" she said folding her arms.

"No. I- when did this come about?"

I can tell she knows something I don't.

"When he came in, all he talked about was you. I told him you was sleep and it was going to be a minute until you get up. Nooooo, he insisted on staying..."

She went on about how he sat in the kitchen and waited. He didn't want to sit down and watch TV. She even check to see if he wasn't snooping around. He waited 3 hours until I got up. When we were talking, she eavesdrop in our conversation and notice him checking me out.

"What makes you think I liked him? It does not necessarily means he wants me. Are you getting jealous?" I said.

That question made her upset. All of a sudden she got mad. This is our first argument after 5 years of being together.

"I'm going home. I see you Saturday." she said.

"Wait.." I said.

She went in the house to grab her keys and purse and drove off. I stood there frozen in front of my house. This could have been avoided.

*******

It 9:45 pm

I just got home from shopping with the help of my mom. She came and save the day.

"Noel, honey everything's going to be okay. She'll make it up to you. Until then, give her some space." said mom.

We were in the kitchen putting my groceries up. I also bought an outfit for tomorrow's meeting.

"Let me see your dress." said mom.

It was a gold sparkly bodycon dress exposing the back.

"This dress is really nice. Put it on." she said.

I went in the bathroom and put the dress on. This dress fit perfectly. My cleavage and arms wasn't showing. It only revealed my back.

I went to show my mom how it fit.

"Oh, it's beautiful!" she said.

*******

My mom cooked me up some chicken marinara and pasta. I have enough for a few days so I stored some in the container and froze them. We sat in the living room and binge watch some movies. We shared some laughs and tears.

Unfortunately, it was time for her to go. She has work in the morning. I gave her a hug before she left. I washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen before I went to bed.

"To the shower I go." I said to myself.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.