Legend of the wolf moon.

**Dean**

I thought about her all afternoon.  Was she okay?  I felt so responsible for Elle, it led me to distraction.  It’s been nine long years since the first time I saw her in my dreams.  When the girl from my dreams did not appear in real life, I told myself it was just a dream, but secretly I knew she was the one.

Sure there have been other girls, but none of them ignited me with a single touch the way Elle did just this morning. 

I stopped at the fence, and kicked with my boots at the pile of dirt left over from the hole dug underneath the fence.  I had been trying to figure out the wolf’s movements all day after I found a fresh kill with Aiden just this morning.  But my mind kept wandering.

After I filled the hole with rocks I looked at the horizon to see the sun was setting.  Maybe I should just go and check on Elle, and make sure she was not passed out underneath a tree. 

As I walked back to the truck I wiped my hands on my trousers and stopped to look at my general appearance.   My general appearance was dirty.

Shower first!

After a quick stop at home I was trying not to speed over to Elle’s campsite, and decided to park on the road and walk down.

Half-way down the road I could hear the laughter.  At first I smiled as Elle’s voice carried on the evening breeze, but the smile went cold when deeper laughter joined in.

Silently I approached and spotted another truck next to Elle’s Jeep, then I recognised her visitor, or should I say, the traitor.

Aiden was telling one of his tall tales, a fire cast a pleasant glow and was that wine in their glasses?

“Well this is nice and cosy…”  I said when I came to a stop behind them.

Startled they whipped around, but my eyes only rested on Elle’s face.

“Dean,” she whispered.

I watched the fire dance on her skin and my eyes locked with hers. 

“Hey bud, join us!  You know what they say, two is company, but three is a party!”   Aiden got up to make space and it drew my gaze from Elle’s.

“Seems like you two are already having a party without me,” I looked back at Elle “should you even be drinking?”

“The good doctor is supervising me.  Since I won’t be operating any heavy machinery, I’m allowed one glass.  Help yourself!”  She pointed over to the table and I glanced at it before looking at Elle again. 

She was staring innocently up at me with those big brown innocent eyes.

What the hell!  I need a drink!

I poured myself a glass and stalked over to where Aiden had put another chair next to him.  I looked at him pointedly, grabbed the chair and dragged it over to the other side of Elle.

“So what’s cooking?”  I noticed the pot on the flames and several small cans surrounded the fire.

“Comfort food: stew and sweetbread.  Are you staying for dinner?”

“Is Aiden?”

She nodded.

“Then I think I will.  How are you feeling?”  I carefully surveyed her looking for any signs of distress.

“Fine, I had a very calm afternoon.   I’ve decided that the forest is a bit of a health-hazard,” she said and sipped her wine glancing at me from below her lashes.