My brother, my friend, my guardian.

**Elle**

The walk back to camp was to say the least, awkward.  Aiden led the way and I was short on his heels.  Dean was behind me and bringing up the rear was Storm.  I hugged myself tightly because my hands were shaking from the freezing cold and wet, and probably shock too.  I simply focused on following in the footsteps Aiden left behind. 

No one uttered a word and the night-time calls of the nocturnal creatures were our only accompaniment.  The two men were still very naked except for the shirt and jacket Aiden had given them.  His wet trousers clung to his legs as did mine. 

Shortly before the lanterns of my camp came into view I turned around to find Dean and Storm had broken off and was headed in a different direction hidden by the trees.  Before I could call out Aiden took my hand and led me to the fire. 

We stood there warming our numb bodies in silence.  The fun and laughter from earlier tonight seemed long forgotten. 

I looked over at Aiden; the firelight was dancing on his naked torso. 

He met my eyes.  “Go get changed, I’ll clean up here,” he told me before picking up our discarded coffee mugs.  I simply nodded and unzipped the tent.

I towel-dried my hair and changed into the warmest, most comfortable clothes I brought with me.  Back outside I hung the wet clothes over some branches to dry and handed Aiden a towel. 

Once he dried off or wringed out as much moisture as he could we drove the short distance to Dean’s cabin.  I was over-tired and probably not thinking straight, but they had some serious explaining to do.  I tried not to think about all that had happened tonight; instead I pushed the images from my mind.

As we pulled up Dean opened the door and came stalking towards us.  I caught the look that passed between Dean and Aiden, but could not decipher it.  Dean practically yanked me out of the cab and into his arms, hugging me tight.

“Thank you for saving me,” he whispered into my hair. 

I closed my eyes and snuggled into the reassuring warmth of his embrace and stood like that for endless moments.  Finally we heard Aiden clearing his throat. 

I looked up to see him pointing at the cabin.  “Shall we?  I don’t know about you but I could do with a drink.”

Letting me go Dean nodded and led us inside.  As I walked into the main room Storm rose up from where he had been sitting on the couch.  He was wearing some of Dean’s clothes and a very goofy grin. 

“Hey Ellie!” he stretched out his arms.  Habit kicked in and before I knew it and as I have done a hundred times before I jumped into his arms.  I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist and buried my face into the familiar crook of his neck. 

Suddenly all of the emotion, shock and excitement broke through my restraints and I started crying. 

“It’s okay baby, shhh…” he cooed as he stroked my hair and carefully sat back down, cradling me on his lap.  Oblivious to the equally shocked stares from across the room as Aiden and Dean took in this newest development.

Later, Dean had made a pot of fresh coffee while Aiden had built a fire in the fireplace.  I had calmed down and was still sitting in Storms lap sipping from a glass of brandy Dean had forced into my hands. 

Dean and Aiden were sitting on the couches across from us, having opted to pour their own brandy directly into their coffee. 

Aiden had changed into dry clothes and sipped from his cup staring hard at us.  No one had said a word since my crying episode.