[FIFTEEN]

"school starts soon." ivy groaned and dramatically fell off the bed.

"i know, drama queen." lennon rolled her eyes at her best friend. the boys had decided to go home, and had left lennon and ivy by themselves.

"we should go shopping for stuff. we start in two weeks and neither of us have gotten school supplies or anything to decorate our dorms." ivy pondered standing up from the ground and sitting back down on the bed.

"i'm down. urban first though."

"deal."

-

"i love this!" ivy gasped and ran towards a lavender bed set. it screamed ivy.

"you should get that." lennon pointed out, before looking for a duvet that caught her eye. it didn't take long when a light yellow comforter seemed to pop out, as if it was waiting for her.

"i'm really sad we didn't get chosen as roommates."

"ivy, you're going to a college across the state. of course we're not going to be roommates."

"oh yeah, i keep forgetting you didn't choose UCLA."

"you're so dumb." lennon let out a small chuckle before imagining the way she wanted her dorm to look. she had toured her college and looked at the dorms, but still had yet to see her room and meet her roommate. she was scared that she would be stuck with someone completely opposite from her, like someone who was emo and enjoyed the color black.

shaking her thoughts away, she moved the cart that now contained the yellow and lavender duvets and shuffled to the rugs.

"this would look cute with the yellow." ivy was standing next to a large, fuzzy, gray rug.

"i'd like something less fluffy."

"okay what about this?" ivy pointed to a gray and white patterned rug.

"perfect." the two attempted to move the rug into the cart, and after 5 minutes they eventually got it into the cart.

"if you're not getting the fuzzy gray one, i'm getting it." ivy stated as she put the rug in the cart by herself.

"if you could lift that you shouldn't have made me help." lennon grunted in annoyance at her friend. ivy didn't reply and just shrugged.

"when's your next doctors appointment?" ivy asked a few minutes after the rug fiasco.

"next week. the day before move in day."

"what exactly are you getting done?"

"i'm getting another ekg, remember what that is?"

"refresh my memory."

"they're doing a test to measure how my heart is beating. if it's normal they'll wait to do anything else, and if it's weird, they'll do more tests."

"are you nervous?"

"a little. i'm more nervous for college though."

"me too. i can't wait though, i'm so excited!" ivy squealed and grabbed onto lennon's arm.

the two continued their shopping, talking and laughing along the way. at one one point they got starbucks, and took some cute instagram pictures.

"you should post that." ivy said, looking down at lennon's phone.

"eh, maybe." lennon replied shrugging.

_______________________________

this is really short and all over the place but i'm so stressed from school, so that means this book is currently on slow updates :/

i'll try to update as much as i can, but i have homework in all my classes (7) every night because i'm taking mostly AP classes (rip) so i'm sorry about that

thank you all for reading this book, i appreciate it 💓