Chapter 3

Ethan................

Beep....beep....beep...

"Damn", I pushed the button down putting my alarm off. I was about to go back to sleep when another irritating noise startled me.

Ting tong....ting tong... It was my door bell.

"Who the hell can it be so early? Bloody neighbors, can't even let me have a peaceful sleep", I made a half-arsed attempt to move out of the bed and came out of my room rubbing my eyes.

Ting tong....ting tong... The bell rang again.

"Coming, have some patience, jeez!"

I opened the door and was immediately blinded by the huge bouquet held by someone blocking my vision.

"Surprise!!!" My over enthusiastic parents peeked from behind the bouquet with their cheerful greeting.

"What are you two doing here so early and what is this for", I said taking the bouquet from my step mom's arm, making a way for them to enter.

I moved out of my parents' house last year and have purchased my own apartment near my college. My dad and my step mom live in the most posh parts of Beverly hills. My dad is the CEO of 'Pareza', fashion empire and I am their only son. My real mom and dad divorced when I was four. Basically my mom left us to marry a rich guy. My dad was struggling financially at that time. He met my step mom after an year. She is a fashion designer. They opened their first showroom together and it was a success. They got married when I was 8. Today they have showrooms all over the globe. Since I am their only son so they wanted me to join fashion school, but I had no interest in that, so I came here to study Finance.

"We came here to wish you luck, since it's your first day at college after such a long time", mom said.

A long time, yep! I am going back to college after a break of almost an year. I met with a car accident last year, which led me in coma for three months and a half paralyzed body for the rest of the year. It took me lots of hard work, determination and efforts of the doctors to make me stand back on my own feet. I lost an entire year, other wise ideally I should have been in second year.

"Seriously guys, you didn't have to come. You could have just called up", I said although I appreciate the fact that they came. They have been my moral support the past year.

"Ben had a meeting in the town today, so we thought it would be nice to surprise you", mom said. (Ben, my dad)

"Aren't you getting late son. You seem like you just woke, it's already 7", my dad is a punctual guy, unlike me.

"I'll be back in few minutes, till then you guys can make yourself comfortable. There is some orange juice in the fridge, if you want", I said moving back to my room to take shower.

I took a quick shower and came out. I picked up my favourite body hugging white t shirt and ripped blue jeans and paired it up with white Nike shoes and grey sweatshirt.

I grabbed my glares, bike keys and backpack and was ready to rock.

I moved out of my room and grabbed an apple from the dining table. "Son, sit and have atleast a cup of coffee with us. We'll drop you to the college after that", my dad insisted.

"No dad, you both carry on. I'm already getting late, will meet you in the evening. Bye. Love ya", I waved at them coming out of my apartment.

Although I have my car, but I enjoy riding my bike more. It's a brand new Kawasaki ninja, with sleek black body. I put on my helmet and climbed over my bike and zoomed off to college.

....................................…...........................

"Hey Ethan, dude so good to see you back", Rob spoke giving me a hi five as he saw me.

"Yeah man, I was dying to be back in college. So I heard Freshers have already landed?"

"Oh yeah they have and you won't believe when you'll see the girls. Dude like they are Meena Suvari, Kim Kardashian, JLo all in one body. You know what I mean dude", he said making fake curvy gestures from his palms over his chest.

"You are such a douchebag", I said banging his head with my backpack.

"Ouch", he squeeked following me.

I was happy to be back at college. Although I was in the college for just half a semester last year but in that short span of time I had made many friends and I was equally popular among girls and guys. I definitely enjoyed all the attention.

I was still one floor away from my class when I saw Chloe' approaching me.

Chloe is the girl I had been dating since the first day of my college. She is sexy, beautiful and fake. Yes, you heard it. F.A.K.E. She was with me all around the clock last year till the first three months. She used to sit besides me in every class, eat lunch with me, hangout with me all the time and of course make out with me at every other opportunity. But only till I was in the college. The day I met with the accident till yesterday, she didn't bother to meet me or even call me up. It was all convenient for her. I really thought she loved me , but she was just using me. She wanted to be with the most popular guy, only to show off. I was just a trophy boyfriend for her.

I avoided an eye contact with her as I saw her smiling at me, her usual seductive smile. She came right in front of me stopping me from moving any further, handed her glares and cellphone which she was carrying one on each arm to two of her besties cum sidekicks, which they took from her hands obediently. 

"Ethan, babe I missed you so much", she said throwing her arms around my neck.

I grabbed both her arms, moved them away from myself and spoke, " Really, did you? Coz I am pretty sure you had other guys to deal with while I was not around".

"Babe, don't be mad at me. I'm sorry ok. I kept asking your whereabouts from Rob, didn't I Rob", she said giving Rob a fake smile and the nut head which he is he nodded his head in affirmation. Of course, his brain is planted between his legs.

"I'm getting late for the class. I'm sure you have yours too", I said tearing up the wall they had formed in front of me and moved ahead.

################################

So, what are your thoughts about Ethan and his story so far. You'll be getting to know more about him in further chapters.

Any changes you would like?

Please keep voting and commenting guys, it encourages me to keep going.

Thanks for reading 😘😘😘