Chapter 5

"Do you have another class now?", Jacob asked as we move out of the class.

"No, I am free for next two hours".

"Great, I am free too. So, let's go to the cafeteria together, if you don't mind".

"Sure!", I was glad I found someone. I wished Kim and I had same subjects, but now I was relieved coz Jacob seemed like a nice guy.

Cafeteria was completely different world from the rest of the college. There were round tables and chairs placed all over the floor. Surrounded by various food counters at three of the walls. There was so much crowd in here that it seemed almost whole college was here. It seemed like a cacophony of loud chatter, each table a cosseted huddle of people raising their voice to be heard above the din. As I entered inside and took a seat at the corner most table, I surveyed the area. The food that was being served was shared amongst the groups in a similar way in which the gossips were being exchanged amongst them.

I could see a mini world here. With people coming from different cultures and languages. There was a group of complete nerds, with their heads dipped deep in their books, while the food rested in front of them untouched. There was a band too, with a mix of four guys and two girls. One of the guy had a complete gothic look, wearing sleeveless leather jacket, ripped jeans, pierced ears, lips and eyebrows and one arm covered in tattoos. The two girls had funky hairstyles with one of them having pink and blue coloured hairs. They were singing and playing guitars.
With so much diversity that I could see in this room, it still felt the most harmonious place of the college.

"So, what would you like to have?", Jacob asked bringing me back from my thoughts.
"I don't know, maybe a sandwich and coke."

"You stay here and look for my seat before anyone grabs it, I'll bring the food", he said getting up and moving towards the food counter. There was so much noise and crowd in there that I could hardly listen to what the person sitting at the next table was talking about. No wonder Jacob asked me to look for his seat. I can see fifteen chairs clustered around that small table with girls and guys struggling to place their food on it. Like duh, they could have joined two tables together to make it a little more comfortable.

I looked back at Jacob, he was standing at the queue in front of the burger counter. Just then I felt someone grabbing the chair kept next to me and pulling it away. I immediately grabbed the other end of the chair and spoke," Oh no, this seat is taken."

"Really, I don't see anyone sitting here!", and there stood Mr. Rude grinning shamelessly at me.

"My friend has gone to get the food and asked me to look for his seat, so please just leave this chair and sit somewhere else", I spoke with a little rudeness.

He glared me for five seconds and then gave me a smile. Intoxicating!!!
He pulled the chair and sat on the seat and then his equally rude friends followed him and grabbed chairs from other tables and sat besides him. I couldn't believe someone could be this ill mannered.

"What is wrong with you!", I snapped at him.

He sniffed his underarms and said, "I don't think anything is wrong with me. You, though seems like a runaway mental assilum patient to me". A group laughter of his equally idiot friends followed his filthy comment.

I looked for his friend Rob amongst the group, but unfortunately he was not there. I didn't want any troubles on first day of my college so I took a deep breath to calm down myself and spoke, "Listen, I don't want any troubles. There are other tables around here, you and your friends can take that".

"No, you can take that. We, have already taken this one", he said cocking his head at one side.

"What the...f... We were here first. So just leave", he was now getting on my nerves. I just wanted to punch him hard on his face.

He stood up from his chair and ignoring me completely turned it around and sat back resting his arms and chin on the head rest.

I looked back at Jacob, he was now arranging the food on the tray and was talking to the lady at the counter.
I looked around, there was an empty table at a secluded corner of the cafeteria. I picked up my books and mine and Jacob's backpack and headed for the same. I walked few steps before turning back, and I walked back towards him and said, "Listen Jerk, I am sorry that you had such a troubled childhood that you couldn't learn manners and etiquettes. I am sorry that you still need a group of seven or eight people to back you up while you try to scare a girl who weighs half your weight. I am sorry that you are not confident enough of yourself and you need to constantly bully others to satisfy your underconfident ego. Don't worry things will definitely get better with time", and I turned around to leave.

"Hey, how dare you....", He grabbed my hand and shouted with one finger pointed at my face.

"Psst psst psst... It's Ok. Don't be a cry baby. You can take that table", I said patting lightly his cheeks, smiling at him I pushed his hand away and left.

I could hear him kicking his chair loudly as I put my books on the other table.
"Hey, why did you move here?", Jacob asked placing the tray on the table.

"That jerk and his friends..... Nevermind, it's peaceful here. Awwwww you brought Nutella sandwich. OMG that's my favourite", I screamed before quickly gabbing it and taking a bite.

"Wait, that was for me, yours is fried ham and cheese sandwich", he said making a puppy face.

"Oh, er... Well you can have that one. Sorry I just can't resist Nutella sandwich", I said taking another bite from this delicious bundle of heaven.
"Mmm mmm.... It's just yummy!", I said liking the chocolate dripping from the corner of the toast.

"Can I atleast have a bite", Jacob said with a hungry open mouth. "Oh..oh..sure", I said giving him the sandwich to take a bite from it. Poor Jacob, he is so sweet!

We were having a good time with our Nutella sandwich when we heard someone calling me, "hey Hazel, hi!".

I turned around to see who it was. "Oh, hi Kim", I chuckled as she sat next to me.

"Kim, this is Jacob, Jacob she is Kim my room mate", I introduced them to each other.

"Hi Kim!", Jacob said smiling at her and she smiled back at him.
And this was the beginning of a never-ending friendship I am sure.
We kept chatting like long lost friends for another couple of hours. Me and Jacob were doing most of the talking, while Kim spoke very little being a shy girl she is. I noticed Jacob staring her much too often, while she kept blushing. I had found a small group which was mine, and I was happy.

"Guys, I have my chemistry lecture now, so I'll be leaving, you guys continue!", I said getting up from my seat. Kim gave me a worried look before eyeing Jacob for a nanosecond and spoke,"I am coming with you. I have to go to the library".

"I can come with you. I need to visit the library too", said Jacob before I could open my mouth to speak.

Kim nodded her head in response. And they both stood up too to leave. I looked back at Mr. Rude's table while exiting and saw a super hot blonde leaning over him, with her cleavage popping out of her body hugging shirt while, he seemed to be offended by her with his face pulled away from her's. Ewwww, disgusting!

I immediately turned my face back towards the exit in disgust.

################################

Hi readers, how are you???

How was this chapter? Are you liking the story so far?

Please vote and comment as it motivates me to keep writing 😘😘😘😘