Chapter 4: Spike Match Maker

Everyone arrived at the beach in the Lion Kingdom for Leena's birthday party, the Phoenix came out of the water near the docks. The team came out of the ship and walked out "So why are we celebrating my birthday down at the beach?" Leena questioned a bit curious

"Max wanted to invite Khan and the other sea creatures so we decided to have the party here" Tazer told her until his ears perked at a noise from the water. Everyone stopped as bubbles started to form, then suddenly....SPLASH!

Khan came bursting out of the water and everyone all got a bit soaked from him. "Haha surpised ya didn't I" "Kahn!" Max said excited as they all gathered on the deck to the shark general

"It's nice to see you Khan" Zinti said happy to see her friend and Tazer smiled at his little sister as Khan nodded to her before he turn to Leena "Leena...happy birthday"

Leena smiled at the shark and nodded back but then everyone all turn their attention to Spike and Twitch still holding on to eachother closing their eyes.

"Um Twitch..." Twitch felt a poke and opened one eye to see Max...and everyone else staring at them.

The chameleon blinked at first confused "weren't we attacked by someone?" Twitch asked confused and he notice Khan in the water "Oh hey there Khan..." he said it casually until he finally processed what was going on

"Wait Khan! When did he show up?!" He asked surprised and more confised. Everyone starting laughing while Twitch pushed Spike off of him and started walking again.

"So Leena you don't mind having your birthday party outside right?" Twitch overheard Max talking to Leena and got a bit closer to hear them "Not at all I think dancing under the starry night and with cool air is perfect for my party" Leena said as she held Max's hand sweetly. Twitch started to slump a bit his heart aching from hearing this...'when will I ever get a chance?' He thought.

Spike was looking all over the place when he notice how down Twitch was "You ok Twitch you don't look well? Are you hungry" "No Spike, not hungry. Just something else in my stomach" Spike was a little confused with his mood until finally I got it "Oh maybe your starving" "He's not starving or hungry" Tazer got in with his arms crossed "Twitch here is lovesick. With our friend. Leena" "Oh Leena! Wait with what?" The fox motioned his head to Leena talking to Max which still made no sense.

Tazer's ears fell frustrated knowing Spike didn't catch it " Leena likes Max not Twitch. That's way he's upset" "Oh!" He smiled that Spike finally caught on, the two turn their attention on Twitch when he sighed "Let's face it. Max is more cooler, stronger and he's more good-looking than me" he crossed his arms and Tazer looked at him with a raised eyebrow "Um I don't think that's why Leena likes him but I think it's time you start looking for another girl Twitch. You can't keep chasing after Leena forever" Tazer told him

The chameleon took deep thought about what the fox said "Oh maybe your right".

"Ah!" Spike sudden yelp of excitement spooked Twitch and Tazer "What Spike!" Tazer asked ticked off, his ears flat in annoyance.

"I can help you find a girl. How about one that's a good cook or can change color like you? Oh! Even better one that's knows how to be cool!" The hedgehog tried pulling a karate pose while Twitch and Tazer stared at him gaping unsure what to say.

Spike wound up losing balance and fell. Tazer shook his head before walking away "Come on let's get to the party"  Tazer said shaking his head.