Chapter 5: A New and Old Friend

"Ok guys we still have a while before the party starts. So we can go explore around Seal Island and have some fun" Max told his friends as they were in the center of the town. "We all have to meet back at the beach at sunset so we can start the party ok?" "Ok" Everyone said nodding.

"I don't wanna start the party without any of you guys. And we definitely can't start without the birthday girl so please be on time Leena" Max told Leena teasingly and everyone laughed about it as Leena glared at him before walking off.

"Wait up Leena!" Zinti called out as she and Bella chased after the lioness and the moment Leena turn her head around, the two pups grabbed hold of her hands.

"Come on lets go look around" Bella said as Leena giggled at the two adorable pups. The three girls went exploring the shops and looking at all the cool stuff they had. "Wow they got some really nice stuff" Bella said as she held up a coral necklace in front of a mirror.

"Yeah I'll admit. Seal Island has some amazing shops" Leena said as she leaned on a post of a hut they were in with some coral jewelry. "Come on Leena. It's your birthday. Go buy something you want for yourself" Zinti told her as she tried on a purple seashell bracelt.

Leena thought about it "That's true. It is my birthday" Leena told herself and her eyes looked around the shop, all of it was jewelry made from seashells and coral. They were all really pretty but Leena didn't want to wear anything fancy or too much, she wanted something nice and something that was her.

"Hey Zinti. Bella. I'm gonna look at the other shops ok?" Leena said as she started to leave but not before making sure the two girls were listening "Ok" they both said looking at her and giving her a thumbs up.

Leena went outside and looked around, she stood there her eyes scanning for something that might catch her interest "hmm what do I wanna get for my birthday?" She asked herself, putting her hand on her waist. "Leena out shopping? That's something I never thought I see"

Leena's ears twitched at a voice from behind her, she turned around and she gasped both surprised and excited. "Adira?!"

Standing in front of Leena was a girl snow leopard with short black hair in dreadlocks and cyan blue eyes. She was wearing a dark gray sleeveless turtleneck shirt with a blue outline, black pants that stopped above her knees and icy blue open toed shoes. She smirked at the lioness, her old friend.

Leena ran to Adira and hugged her, Adira stared at her friend smiling before returning the hug. "Leena?" The two broke the hug and Leena turned around to see Zinti and Bella staring at the two cats, mostly Adira.

"Leena who's your friend?" Zinti asked curious and Leena placed an elbow on Adira's shoulder while looking at the snow leopard. "Adira this is Bella and Zinti" she introduced her two friends "Bella and Zinti. This is Adira. An old friend of mine. Way before I met Max. She helped me out once"

"We both helped eachother out" Adira added "What are you doing in Seal Island?" Leena asked curious on what the snow leopard was doing here. Adira stared at her a little surprise and she let out a laugh, placing her hands on her hips.

"Come on Leena. I came here for you. When I heard your birthday party was gonna be here at Seal Island, I just couldn't miss the chance to see my old friend" Adira said, crossing her arms.

"Now my turn to ask. What are you doing shopping? Never thought you do that" Adira asked teasingly and Leena shook her head, Adira was still that snow leopard who loved to mess around.

"Well I thought since it's my birthday, that maybe I should get something for myself" Leena said, ruffling Bella and Zinti's heads playfully as if she was saying it was their idea. Adira smirked at her sneakily because she had an idea.

"I think I know where you can find something that is so you" Adira told her, her eyes motioned to a hut with some simple outfits. Leena turn to look at where Adira was motioning to and she smiled, she liked what she was seeing in that hut. Adira smirked knowing she had just helped her friend find something.

"Adira you are so clever. Come on girls" Leena said and the four girls made their way over.