Chapter 50 - Noah

Chapter 50 - Noah

| Rose's P.O.V |

Laura's mother sank to her knees at the grave, not caring for the damp mud that dirtied her dress. Her tears mingled with the rain and her gasping wails echoed around the gravestones. The pain that flowed from her was as palpable was the frigid fall wind. The only person at her side was her husband, struggling to keep his tears silent, as he hugged his wife.

I , too, choke back on a sob as I stand in front of the grave as they lower the casket. When the wracking sobs passed, I cried in such a desolate way that no-one could bare to listen for long.

"M-my b-baby...My darling daughter..." Laura's mum continued, clutching desperately onto her husband.

I clenched my fists tightly as tears streamed down my face. My screaming sobs were only interrupted by the need to draw breath. It was a primal sound, one we're programmed not to ignore. Emotional pain flowed out of my every pore. From my mouth came a cry so raw that even the eyes of the family and friends around us were suddenly wet with tears.   

Lewis stands beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.  He opens his mouth, but not a sound comes out, his head violently quivering as if there is a drill to the back of his skull. His eyes see nothing; they have lost all sight of what is and what could have been. His mouth is open, an eternal silenced scream. I wrap my arms around Lewis tightly, crying into his chest.

"She wouldn't want us to c-cry.." Lewis whispers, holding my cheeks in his hands with a pained smile.

"I-I know." I sniff just as Malcolm walks up to us and hugs us close to him.

"Guys, it's gonna be okay. She'll always be here with us." Mal encourages softly. Though he was smiling, his eyes were red and he had bags under his eyes. We all did.

"Where's Noah?" I question, looking around.

"Here." Kyle says, handing over Laura's baby. He had the same Hazel eyes as Laura.

"Hello cutie." I smile softly, stroking his small tiny hand. Noah smiles up at me, holding on to one of my fingers.

"Lewis, are you sure you can take care of him on your own. I can help you know. I'll come over everyday and help."

"Thanks, Rose. My mum takes one look at him and just bursts into tears every time. She blames him for Laura's death." He frowns sadly, stroking Noah's head gently.

I curiously walk along, reading the names of all those who were buried next to Laura but suddenly come to a halt when I recognise a name.

Alec Ryder

21st April 1999- 12th July 2017

A shiver makes its way down my spine as I recalled the accident and my nightmares about him. Thankfully my nightmares have stopped about him but I haven't forgotten them. They're still all vivid in my mind. 

I walk along even further and stop in front of another familiar gravestone. I bend down beside it and run my fingers over the carved engravings, my eyes slightly blurring.

In memory of

Violet Andrews

Loving twin sister, daughter and friend to many.

15 December 1999 - 2 January 2015

Always in our thoughts, forever in our hearts.

"Happy birthday." I whisper quietly, wiping a tear that had managed to escape. You promised her you wouldn't cry.

I take a deep breath in and walk back to everyone else.

"Where did Dylan run off to?" Kyle asks angrily, slinging an arm around my shoulder.

"No one knows. Not even his parents." Mal replies as we all begin walking back towards the cars.

Everyone gets in the black limo and before I could go in, Kyle grabs my hand and gently pulls me back away from the limo.

"Are you okay?" He questions with a worried expression as he holds my cheeks.

I nod, letting out a deep breath. "I guess so." My lips quiver a little.

He leans in and places a warm and gentle kiss on my lips, one that had me craving for more. 

"Hurry up, you two!" Mal's voice comes from the limo and Kyle gives a small grin before grabbing my hand and walking to sit inside.

"We officially graduate tomorrow, guys." Mal says trying to lighten the mood.

"Chi chi?" Kyle whispers from beside me.

"Yeah?"

"Happy Birthday."

"Kyle?"

"Yes Chi chi?"

"It's not my birthday. "

"Oh..?"

"Just kidding! Thank you." I smile, grabbing him by the neck and smashing my lips against his.

| THE END |

~    ~    ~    ~

Yes, sadly and fortunately this story has come to an end.

But there is a special bonus chapter I have added for you guys. Maybe that will make you feel a little better. I thought it's be a fun and cool idea.

I havn't seen anyone else do something like this, so if someone has, I did not steal this idea from you.

Thank you to those who have been here from the very beginning and those who've shown appreciation and support.

I want to thank those silent ghost readers too, I just hope you enjoyed the story despite not voting or commenting.

I mean, if you didn't enjoy it, then you wouldn't have finished the book....

ANYWAYS, I LOVE YOU ALL, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU GORGEOUS AND BEAUTIFUL SOULS. Even if you may not feel like that every time, just know you're beautiful just the way you are and if someone tells you otherwise, smile widely and stick the finger. They're just jealous and insecure.

But anyways, vote and comment one last time and I hope you all have a great day!!

DONT LEAVE JUST YET, ANOTHER BONUS CHAPTER NEXT!!