MOTR - Chapter 3

"If you stand for nothing, what'll you fall for?" ~Alexander Hamilton

"Radiance please! At least tell me what happened!" 

Lucas was banging his fists on the door of the hospital room in which I had isolated myself. My arms were wrapped around my knees and I was rocking myself back and forth, the only thought that could go through my head being, 'Better that door than my face.'
I felt a stab to the heart every time I thought that sentence but I couldn't stop it. My safe haven just collapsed. I didn't feel protected anymore. 

"If you don't open this goddamn forsaken door, I'll break it down!" 

I wanted to answer, to tell him to go away, to leave me alone, but fear seemed to have put its hand on my mouth, and no sound came out of my body. The incessant pounding stopped, and I was blessed with a few moments of silence, until the door came crashing down, slamming against the cold floor. I yelped and dove my head in between my knees, because something persuaded me at that time that the fetus position was the most reasonable thing to do. The atmosphere was tense, and no one dared to spoke. Lucas was trying to understand what was going on, and as for me, my main concern was keeping both my face and my body out of his reach. 

"Baby?" He said after an eternity. My heart fluttered at the nickname he had given me, but I kept my head down, and bit my lip to keep from crying. I yearned for his touch, but he had introduced me to a new type of touch that was drastically different from his usual one, and I couldn't seem to let it go. 

"Please tell me what's wrong," He pleaded then frowned when he saw my cheek, that I had yet to treat. "Who did this to you?" His eyes flashed in anger. 

I stayed quiet.

"Tell me. Right now! I'll kill them," 

"You can't kill them," My voice came out shaky and unclear. "That'd be suicide," 

I lifted my head for the first time and watched as his eyes grew wide, then filled with fear as he stared at me.

"I didn't do this to you," He tried to convince himself. "No, no, I didn't," He shook his head. 

I just looked away. 

"Please tell me I didn't do that," 

I just stayed quiet. 

"Radiance?"

I just sighed. 

"You did that. You hit me," I affirmed, and he looked like he was going to faint. 

"Why would I do that? And why can't I remember it?"

"After the funeral, you got drunk, and you got angry, and..." I trailed off. His eyes that were filled with fear were suddenly filled with rage. 

"You're lying!" He roared. All the terror I had felt earlier came rushing back throughout my body, and a small pathetic whimper escaped my lips. He grabbed my arms and forced me to stand up, and I watched in horror as his face morphed into my father's. 

"You're a bitch, do you know that?"

"Stop! Please..." I whispered. "Somebody help!" 

"Why would anyone ever help you? You're a worthless nobody. You know what you should do? You should just... Wake up,"

"Wh... What?" 

"Wake up, Radiance! Come on!" 

A cloud of blur covered my vision and I was suddenly met with Dr. Emily's eyes. 

"It was a dream," I sighed, relieved. 

"Obviously a bad one. It took hours to wake you up,"

"Well, I'm fine now. So thanks," I stood up and dusted myself, avoiding eye contact at all cost. 

"You're not gonna tell me what happened? Radiance, you were pretty shaken up-,"

"I said I'm fine," I snapped. "There's nothing wrong." 

She disappointedly nodded her head and walked away, closing the door behind her. 

I sat down on the bed, completely emotionless. 

I wasn't going to trust anyone anymore. 

I grew up alone, and that's how I'll keep surviving.

If loneliness is to be my only friend, then so be it. 

I'm done.

---

Murderer on the run

[Book 2 of the Runaway Series]

Eheheh

Remember me?

I'm sorry for disappearing for like.. Months? Or was it a year? 

But yeah

How you doin'?

I'm very pissed at the moment, and since this is a book in which I can torture everyone within context, I'm feeling inspired. 

It's good to be back.