Two

"Whoo! We have like, five classes together. Let's go to first period. I can tell you who to not talk to." She said. I laughed and we walked down the hall.

"Baby girl! Wait up!" A boy with short black hair and tan skin said. Asia looked up and smiled.

"Hey baby." She greeted him, wrapping her arms around her neck and kissing his lips. I looked down at the differently colored tile as they embraced. "Oh, sorry Iris."

"It's okay." I said, smiling at her. She smiled and linked her arm with mine.

"She's a new student." She explained to the boy. "Iris, this is my boyfriend Alex. He's fine."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I said, extending my hand. He raised his eyebrows at me and made no motion to shake it. I sheepishly lowered my hand and averted my eyes to the ground.

"I'll see you. Have fun showing E.T. around school." The boy laughed, walking away.

"Sorry." She shrugged. We walked to our first period class room and the teacher greeted me.

"Nice to meet you Iris. I'm Mrs. Edwards. Can you introduce yourself to the class?"

"Um... I'm Iris. I'm from Boston." I said before sitting in the empty seat next to Asia.

"Alright, I hope you all will make her feel at home." Mrs. Edwards said to the class. "We're working on a project about landmarks. I will assign your partners."

"Alex and Chris, Janika and Zoe, Kendall and Ross, Asia and Tommy, Jason and Jennifer, Camilla and Tabitha, Jahseh and Iris," Mrs. Edwards listed.

"Who's Jahseh?" I asked Asia. She sighed.

"He's a fuck ass nigga. He's weird as fuck. He's also like, nineteen." She told me. I sighed. Perfect.

🍃After class🍃

"Hey, I need to get your number." A guy with strange hair and facial tattoos said. His hair was two different colors. That's really odd. I can't judge a book on it's cover, though.

"Um, why?" I asked.

"Because we're workin' together." He said. I nodded and grabbed a paper out of my notebook, jotting my phone number down and handing it to him. He grabbed it and walked away from me. He was... a character. I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but it was a pretty telling cover.

"He's weird, I know." Asia laughed. I nodded.

"He could be nice." I said. She shook her head.

"He's a rapper. He went to jail for beatin' on a pregnant bitch. Don't fuck wit them niggas." She warned me.

"I am only going to work with him. My father would have my head if he found me hanging out with a boy like that." I laughed.

"Daddy's girl?" She asked.

"My mom left, so it's been me and my father. He's very strict." I admitted.

"I can tell." She chuckled. "It's okay, though. I'll help you loosen up. You'll be normal soon enough young one."

"She means that she's finna make you a thot." A boy said, walking next to us. He had pale white skin and blonde, short hair.

"Michael is an asshole, but he's smart. He's good to keep around." She informed me.

"It's good to meet you." I said. Due to my earlier encounter with Asia's boyfriend, I'd decided to cut out the handshake.

"You too, mystery girl." He said.

"Iris." I said.

"Mikey. Or daddy. Whatever you're feeling at any given time." He said. I giggled.

"She's a good girl." Asia said.

"She's definitely gonna thotify you." He chuckled.

"Shut up wigga." Asia said, slapping his arm.

🍃After school🍃

###- hello

Me- who are you?

###- tha ugly lil jit
frm class 😆

Me- so should
I write your
name as Jahseh?

Jahseh- that works
call me

I clicked the call button and he picked up after the second ring.

"So when do you wanna do this shit?" He asked me.

"It's up to you." I said.

"I ain't wanna do it." He mumbled.

"Um, I'll text you my address and you-" I began. My father would lose his head if he saw Jahseh. "Are there any places we could meet."

"My auntie's house. I'm staying here for a few days." He said. "I'll text you the address."

🍃At Jahseh's🍃

"Hello." I greeted a young looking woman.

"Hi. What do you need?" She asked.

"Jahseh and I a working on a project together." I said.

"I've heard that one before." She snorted. "Step on in."

"Thank you." I said politely, stepping into the house.

"Jahseh!" The woman screamed up the stairs.

"What?" He yelled back.

"Don't what me! There's a girl here for you." She said. I heard footsteps and saw a shirtless Jahseh. I looked down awkwardly. Father said nudity is immoral and disgusting.

"Let's go." He said. I followed him up the stairs and he closed the door behind us. "Let's make this shit fast."

"I'm sorry you don't want to be around me." I shrugged.

"Shut up and let's work please." He sighed, running a hand through his blonde and black dreads. He was... pleasant.