Thirty Two

Won't be able to post for a while. Much love guys.

"Ay guys! A nigga dyin' out here!" I heard a male voice yell as someone knocked on the door. I jumped up to answer the door, being sure not to step on any of the sleeping bodies that remained on the floor. I opened it to see my brother, Pax. I squealed loudly and hugged the older boy, who wrapped his arms around me. 

"I didn't expect you to be here!" I exclaimed. 

"I know. That was the plan." Paxton laughed. "Jahseh said you missed me and I thought, 'why spend Christmas with my girlfriend when I can be with my best friend?'"

"You're the freaking best!" I cheered. 

"Yo ass sound like a banshee, Iris." Pump laughed, stretching out his arms. My excited screams must've woken the boys, because most of them began to stir. Except for Isaiah, Michael, and Omar anyways. 

I made sure all the boys were awake before sitting next to the tree with my legs crossed. 

"I would like to save my present for last, but you kind of can't let this one wait." Paxton laughed. He left the house, leaving the door ajar. He returned about two minutes later, carrying something small wrapped in a blanket. He handed me the blanket, making sure to place it in my arms carefully. It was... squirming. I slowly opened the blanket, seeing the cutest creature I'd ever seen in my whole fucking life. 

"Paxton!" I cheered, gently rubbing the fluffy dog's tummy

"Paxton!" I cheered, gently rubbing the fluffy dog's tummy. The dog's tongue stuck out ever so slightly, giving it an even cuter appearance.

"I saw her and thought of you." Paxton said. "You always said you wanted a little dog, and that one was kind of alone. The rest of them played together, but that one just sat there, fooling around with a tiny toy. I thought maybe you could bond with her. She's a rescue. Her name is Mickey." 

"I love her so much." I exclaimed, gently placing the puppy on the ground. Instead of walking away from me, she crawled into my lap and curled into a ball, falling asleep then and there. I cooed and gently stroked her soft, delicate fur. 

"I don't know which is cuter." Jahseh joked. I laughed and shook my head, looking down at the cute animal. 

"I want Jahseh to open my gift next. It's not special, but I figured it was something." I said. He grabbed the small box with his name on it. I'd made sure to write FROM: IRIS in large, green sharpie. He peeled off the wrapping paper and opened the box, seeing the silver ring I'd purchased for him. It was plain except for the two notches engraved on the inside of the piece of jewelry.

"This is so cool." Jahseh laughed, slipping it on his ring finger. "Why the sticks?" 

"Remember when you gave me the necklace and said it's like you're with me?" I asked. He nodded. "It's basically the same thing. We're together even when we're not." 

"Wait, what?" Paxton asked. I went blue in the face. 

"U-um..." I stuttered. "I meant to uh, tell you, I uh-" 

"Don't worry about it sis." Paxton laughed. "He's aight. You could do worse."

"Yeah. You could be dating Pump." Ski said, earning a laugh from everyone else in the room but Pump.

"Nigga, you ain't all that cool either." 

"Shut the fuck up, niglet." Ski retorted, unwrapping a present. 

Everyone opened their gifts until it was just a few boxes for me, all from Jahseh. The first contained a cute, pale pink sweater. I loved it. The second had a collection of Alex and Ani bracelets, which I also loved. He picked up the last one and handed it to me. 

"Um, this is kind of important to me, so whatever." Jahseh laughed. I opened the unwrapped, black box and saw a beautiful ring. It was silver and had a ruby directly in the center. I smiled before realizing it was a ring. Was he proposing?! I couldn't get married yet. I then noticed a little folded paper in the box. 

So, I don't really know how to write this, so I'll just go for it. No, I ain't proposing to you. Sorry. This ring is one of the few things I really have from my mom. I rarely see her, but I figured it would look better on you anyways. Merry Christmas. 

                                                                                                         Jah

"Jahseh!" I exclaimed happily. "This is so sweet!"

"Yeah, yeah." He laughed.

"Me and Mickey appreciate it very much." I said, laughing.